Canadians eh? What to do with them.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
You should still be able to trade them with someone who lives close to the border for US cents. Maybe you could tie a bag of them to Justin Bieber's leg and invite him over for a swim. JP

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the copper canadians i find get thrown in the scrap pile to go to the scrapyard.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I save all Canadians regardless of composition. Cool to have

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the way things are going it might be more expensive to use them in place of American currency.
:BangHead:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep all Canadians for the next time I go to Canada, but I keep all cents in my collection as no more are made, and they will be withdrawn from circulation most likely before I go to Canada next time.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I keep 1960-1979 (3.24 gm of 98% Cu) Canadian pennies as copper bullion. At one penny each I am buying copper at $1.43 a pound. I have 24 lbs of canadian copper. Zinc and 1980-96 coppers I dump in US (the coin counters I use take them.) Steel pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters that I find I keep seperate and dump when I travel to Canada.

For those of you far from Canada and no plans to travel to the Great White North, you can slip a Canadain coin or two in a roll and dump them that way.

But I recommend a trip to Canada since they,
1) speak a dialect of English, repeat after me, Hooow aboot a mole-son?
2) like Americans (at least enough, not to shoot at us)
3) are polite
4) lots to do (big city stuff, theater, as well as hunting, fishing, and camping)

Downsides;
Stong Canadiain dollar
High sales tax
Cold winters
Can't bring your guns with you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread