How is capital one as a pickup bank

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I got cut off at all capital ones around me in the DMV, but I havent tried in a few months now. They told me it was some kinda of internal policy change. I was only doing 1-2 boxes a week b/w 2-3 branches, never giving my account info.

OP
OP
P

ptdub

Mar 10, 2012
Potomac, MD / Central, NJ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the reply, were those rolls producing much? My normal pick up produces but have only rec'd skunks so far from CAP1

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was doing pretty well with them. There would always be a few skunks peppered in, but I dont think I had more than 2-3 box skunk streak. Normal box would be 3-5 keepers, a lot of 8-12. Overall I was very happy with their production.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is what I am relegating them to now. I took a few months off from CRHing and wanted to get back in it, but having trouble finding another bank that will order boxes. I am going to try BoA, TD, M&T and PNC next week. Each of them has a few branches not too far away so hopefully I can get the boxes rolling again. Anyone getting regular box orders in the DMV from any of these? Also I do not have an account with any of them, but willing to open, if I know they will order boxes. Any suggestions on how I should approach this?

Thanks.

OP
OP
P

ptdub

Mar 10, 2012
Potomac, MD / Central, NJ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Td has a company policy not to order halves. Heck they won't even sell me any coins in va. They shut me down.. Pm me for other banks to order from.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
M&T could order halves from me at the nearest branch, but they closed down. I will try another branch soon.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah- I have checked at probably 10 different capital ones... Some have ordered for me in the past, some were cold attempts... ALL said they were unable to order coin anymore-

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ye it all happened i want say around march, total bummer. obviously i still havent been able to lock up another constant supply, although i havent had the time, but hopefully this wednesday i will harass enough banks to find a few branches willing to feed the need.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
ye it all happened i want say around march, total bummer. obviously i still havent been able to lock up another constant supply, although i havent had the time, but hopefully this wednesday i will harass enough banks to find a few branches willing to feed the need.
I am in the same boat- I have been too busy to look beyond my normal supply banks to try to fill my orders that are now vacant bc of Capital One

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bring back Chevy Chase Bank!!! Stupid Capital One, stringing me along, showing me the shinny silver goods...and then cutting me off!?!? So rude, at the very least some break-up boxes should be in order :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread