Cane scoop handle a bust..........

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow I've been really busy and just checked all the great finds - some top hunting to be inspired by. Anyway just posting the results of my cane handle experiment (coupled it with a Stavr Krepish) ... in short it sucked - I tried to water proof it with wax but it took in water and got too flexible. Pity it was so light and strong at first and floated like a cork. Oh well... my new wood handle is working a treat and still love the Stavr.
Also I went back to some Northern haunts I've pulled a good bit of my gold from and experienced something new... I was eyeballing holes from another MD'er then picking up a surface trash target adjacent - this was in the water and I've a fair idea of who the litter bug may be -obviously no concept of clearing the top to find the good stuff below - I feel in saltwater with any machine it would be wise to take out the trash. I still did more than ok there and will post a month's pic of golden goodness soon. HH

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpg
    IMG_2670.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread