Cannot find any information on this WWI helmet.

Feb 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited this helmet from my great uncle and so far have found nothing but an eBay posting of a similar helmet claiming it to be a "RARE Camo 82nd Infantry WWI US Army 1917 Brodie Helmet Verdun Argonne Vet WW1." I would like to know more about it and possibly what its worth. WWI helmet.JPG WWI helmet 2.JPG

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack's right about the 35th Infantry. It has what's left of the correct WW1 liner, so I'm sure it's not a 1917A1 (WW2 era) helmet. It looks right to me, there should be a stamped makers code in it, would you post that here? That will tell us if it's an American made helmet or from one of the many other countries who manufactured them. Not being an American made helmet won't disqualify it from being original though, they were used by several countries during the war.

The 35th saw some pretty serious action, in that condition I'd expect it to bring maybe a couple hundred $

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Feb 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
helmet 5.JPG

It reads ZCL90. Althoug the L may be either an I or a 1. Thank you very much for the help!

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.. whats really strange is the apparent target / crosshairs / dot on the front of it.
sheesh not sure I would wear that in the field.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread