Attachments

• kanon.jpg
    kanon.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
D

dk-diver

PC: Its in the strait between denmark and sweden just off Copenhagen. and yes the water is very cold.

Cornelius: There are plenty of cannons on this wreck - it is known as the cannon wreck. I found a graphics from a Swedish newspaper showing the layout of the wreck and howcome they are standing upright and also another picture of one of the cannons. See how it is cracked.

The wrecked was found in 2002 but pilots flying from Copenhagen airport(neighbor) claim that they known about the wreck for years. In perfect weather and water conditions it can be seen from a airplane. If you have airports in your area, maybe pilots could be a source of new wrecks.

DKD

Attachments

• skitse.gif
    skitse.gif
    95.8 KB · Views: 304
  • kanon2.jpg
    kanon2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 310

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
Too cool, yet too cold. I like the warm waters of El Carib!

- Very spoiled here

Thanks for the great photos!

OP
OP
D

dk-diver

PC: I thought draeger was German. We rely allot on on our equipment since the condition sometimes can be really harsh. Yes i have dived this wreck plenty of times. Found some cannon balls and spikes. The wreck is an easy dive and therefer used as a beginners wreck. Its rigth that the wooden wrecks are preserved well in our neighbourhood due to the low salinity.

/DKD

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
I agree PC, I miss the fact that I rarely see any remains of the actual ship I am on. Now you have me wanting to dive this cold water!

:)

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions