Pirate Ships other than the QAR...

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Are there any known pirate ships besides the QAR on the sea bottoms of the Florida coastline, Caribbean coastline, and eastern seaboard coastlines???... I've always been infatuated with piracy on the high seas along with general American and World History topics... I've got about 5 or 6 general 18th century piracy type websites saved but was wondering if there were any others...

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
We found a site near the Bahamas that has English and Spanish artifacts and we are trying to figure out exactly what it is, or if it could be two ships.? It very well may be pirate.? We'll let you know when we do.? The problem with this one is it is deeper than I like to work, but at 110', it's not that bad.

What is your interest?? Just knowing about it, or diving it?

And on a scale of one to ten, how trustworthy are you? ?:)

Rich

OP
OP
Mr. Morbid

Mr. Morbid

Sep 9, 2005
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
CaribbeanDiver said:
We found a site near the Bahamas that has English and Spanish artifacts and we are trying to figure out exactly what it is, or if it could be two ships. It very well may be pirate. We'll let you know when we do. The problem with this one is it is deeper than I like to work, but at 110', it's not that bad.

What is your interest? Just knowing about it, or diving it?

And on a scale of one to ten, how trustworthy are you :)

Rich

Just knowing about it... I'm not really into going underwater I get killer ear infections...

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I caught the tail end of a show on television Wednesday night called "Priates and Kings" on either the National Geographic channel or the History channel. I think it was National Geographic. Anyway, the last bit I saw was about a treasure hunting family in New England who searched several years for a Pirate ship just off Cape Lookout (I believe?). This ship was very close to land (in eyesight) and very shallow (less than 20 ft. deep). They finally did recover the ship and salvage her. The hull is still located at the site, and I'm sure they were never able to recover "all" the relics aboard since the field was scattered over approximately one acre.
I'm sure you can go to the television stations website and get more information about the show, and the name of the ship and which Pirate was her Captain. They did tell on the show but I didn't catch that part. I sure would like to see the entire program.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread