Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't deny the nice stuff vino finds.

I really don't know what is going on and I am not even going to try to figure it out.But I know it is a shame, because that guy has found allot of very very nice stuff that can't be denied. From what I have seen on here he brings allot of people on his adventures to dig and enjoy the art of the hobby with him,and I say he is a stand up guy!You are one bad-ass hunter in my book bro.Hope to see you back on here in the future,and all them killer finds you bring to the table.-HH Vino!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't know what is going on and I am not even going to try to figure it out.But I know it is a shame, because that guy has found allot of very very nice stuff that can't be denied. From what I have seen on here he brings allot of people on his adventures to dig and enjoy the art of the hobby with him,and I say he is a stand up guy!You are one bad-ass hunter in my book bro.Hope to see you back on here in the future,and all them killer finds you bring to the table.-HH Vino!
Sorry situation but it brings doubt to all of his finds.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nahh,not to me it doesn't,The man has found allot of very nice stuff.What do you think?, he buys stuff just to come and show it off on tnet?I hardly doubt that!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nahh,not to me it doesn't,The man has found allot of very nice stuff.What do you think?, he buys stuff just to come and show it off on tnet?I hardly doubt that!

I can't give any credit to any banner finds at the least ; sorry but that's how I feel plain and simple. As my dad told me if you lie about one thing you'll lie about others.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is only one guy that knows the whole truth in all this drama, and he is banned from the site now. I had to work today ( and unlike Carolina Tom who can cruise Tnet at work :tongue3: ) I could not read everything that was written in real time. I am one person that hunted with George on 2 different hunts and I can tell you that the sites he has is beyond belief. BUT...it seems he has made one heckuva mistake. " I have been duped " just isn't cutting it if you step back and look at the case laid out by Jeff. It has always been my belief that if you are going to play the game with me, you had better play by the rules. You cheat no one but yourself when you go off the track and take the shortcut. If you aren't testing yourself, why even play the game?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I've been watching this drama from the sidelines but fact is it's a pretty shallow level of recognition when you post planted finds to get your ego stroked.

Regards + HH

Bill

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MjAxMy03YmEzMmI2NGQ0MGE4MzAx.png

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. . . because that guy has found a lot of very very nice stuff that can't be denied.

Sadly. It now all becomes suspect. This is why your Mom told you not to lie.

For us wretched masses it now doesn't feel so bad that we haven't broke the Barber era in four years or ever dug a gold coin.

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bad deal all the way around. You can do a 100 things good and no one notices, do one thing bad and everyone knows. We'll never know what or why but the sad part is all good finds will be suspect, at least for a while. Wonder what a new member would think of all this? Like it or not this affects us all[emoji26]

HH, Relic Nut

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sort of kept up with this fiasco, since yesterday morning anyway. My feelings are the same as some of the others on here. Some of you say you have been on hunts with him and he has really great sites to hunt etc., etc.. This is all fine and dandy, but when a story as concocted as the "planted" W&M half crown being 10" down and under the mask of a lead bullet comes to play, all bets are off with any previous finds as far as I'm concerned. Not only did he make up the story to begin with, but then when he was found out about, he made up another story to try and save face. This is very sad and I kind of feel sorry for someone like that. To seek the approval of others so badly by going to such extreme lengths to make up grandiose stories and claims of your finds, shows a true need for professional help. I hope he gets it.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't anything new. I remember back in the 80's a certain member used to bring outrageous finds to the club for "find of the month."
Everyone at the club always talked about him buying his jewelry at pawn shops and that he was a chronic liar.
Nobody trusted that he had found his big finds and felt he went through all that trouble just to win a meaningless friendly competition.
One guy told me that he brought in a bunch of U.S. gold coins, one find of the month and told the group......
"I just happened to be sitting at a coffee shop in N. Dakota when I overheard a bunch of farmers talking about gold coins being buried in a field.
They mentioned the location and I went there at night with a flashlight and found all these gold coins."
Everyone knew he full of shite and was always known in the community as a liar.
Don't know what ever happened to that dude.
No skin off my back. Go ahead and fill your ego but you'll still feel empty inside. Even if you fool others, you won't fool yourself!

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Situations like this are tough... Its a sign of low self esteem along with the ability to be accepted..Im sorry for him , and actually those of you whom submitted banner votes..
Its not the first time and will most certainly not be the last.. I do believe in forgiveness and redemption however,

"There's never a wrong time to do the right thing and there's never a right time to do the wrong thing " Lou Holtz

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is only one person that knows the whole truth. That is him. None of us really have to judge. I have seen many come and go and have realized their finds are bogus. Are they really hurting anyone? Only themselves actually. Maybe a newbie that thinks he will get riches and go out and buy a detector.

I have been on another site for years. There is a guy there that has found over 3300.00 in clad in exactly three years in southern California school yards. I got a vacation for calling him a liar. Which he is because of another incident with him.

I have seen people post pristine steel pennies they dug up. I guess if they are hurting for attention that bad, they need help. I am sure he will still enjoy the hobby and his loyal friends that realize he made a huge mistake but still accept him for who he is. IF we were all condemned because of our mistakes or faults, this world would be a miserable place.

None of us know all the truth and really it doesn't matter. We enjoy the hobby and move on.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely not a new situation, but is the predictable outcome. I remember here on T-Net back in the 90s (yes I was here then under a different name) There was a member whos name was "the general" IIRC. Always posted good and a few great finds. Then someone who knew and hunted with him, found out he was buying the coins at a local coin shop and presenting them here and the local club. I don't think he got bannded, I think he quit once he was outed (after a short but vocal defense). IIRC that incident also caused a pretty good rift in the forum as people took sides. BAck then the threads didn't get locked or deleted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked and will be moved to quarantine forum......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread