T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This great website with super finds by members ever day . I sit back watch what found when cant get out and saw the fake post and felt bad for person. We all make mistakes and life is short.

I used to belong to ArrowPak and the PROS discussion boards. I posted a find that I was so proud and excited about, only to have one member call it a fake!! On the other hand, an individual back East somewhere posted some individual finds sometime after my dust up. He kept coming back stating he couldn't believe he was finding a certain artifact again and again in one field he hunted. Being a little suspect about finding SO many of this certain type of artifact, he had them "looked" at. Lo and behold, someone was cranking out these "fakes" and salting them in the field he was hunting. He was pretty upset to say the least.
I can't imagine being that lacking in character to do something like this....takes all kinds!!

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TC, that's why I'm suspicious of some found objects. Too good to be true.
Marvin

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get out much anymore, but still remember the great times, warm sunshine, breezes and even the horrible heat here. Never minded what I found, real or fake. It was just fun being out there...

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It's a sad day when a poster with personality leaves us; our loss simply opens a door for another to step in and show us some awesome finds.
I ,personally,am not going to let one bad decision from someone sway me from getting out there and putting my best finds on the board.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was saddened to find out about today's event. I certainly enjoyed reading his posts. So much Terra Firma, so little time. GL & HH ya'll

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I missed it, who is gone?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a sad day when a poster with personality leaves us; our loss simply opens a door for another to step in and show us some awesome finds.
I ,personally,am not going to let one bad decision from someone sway me from getting out there and putting my best finds on the board.

Well said IH. Very sad turn of events but we will trudge on and keep looking for those killer finds. I would never stop sharing my finds and I hope nobody else will. I love seeing these amazing dug items. People make mistakes and I can forgive. To me it's just about a person coming clean and not continuing to deny. At that point I can move past it. God knows I've made a ton of mistakes in my 40 years 8-)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I miss everything

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Well said IH. Very sad turn of events but we will trudge on and keep looking for those killer finds. I would never stop sharing my finds and I hope nobody else will. I love seeing these amazing dug items. People make mistakes and I can forgive. To me it's just about a person coming clean and not continuing to deny. At that point I can move past it. God knows I've made a ton of mistakes in my 40 years 8-)

I'm not here to judge.

I feel if more people read a little deeper into the story and perhaps between some of the lines they may come realize that there were more people affected by the events and there happened to be many more than one of us that lost something here. There was more than a couple of names you will not see posting here again and perhaps a few more that have had their faith rattled enough to consider passing on contributing any further.
I may be wrong but that's what I got from it. So, it was a situation much larger than a single person or event.

Something to think on

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm not here to judge.

I feel if more people read a little deeper into the story and perhaps between some of the lines they may come realize that there were more people affected by the events and there happened to be many more than one of us that lost something here. There was more than a couple of names you will not see posting here again and perhaps a few more that have had their faith rattled enough to consider passing on contributing any further.
I may be wrong but that's what I got from it. So, it was a situation much larger than a single person or event.

Something to think on

I am sure there will be a domino effect, but the extent will probably be missed or unknown to all. Only time heals all wounds. Most won't take sides or form major earth shaking judgements on the chain of events. And nobody has any control over what has happened. It will work itself out and be forgotten by most.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure there will be a domino effect, but the extent will probably be missed or unknown to all. Only time heals all wounds. Most won't take sides or form major earth shaking judgements on the chain of events. And nobody has any control over what has happened. It will work itself out and be forgotten by most.
I doubt it will make a great deal of difference, sure a few might not post, but they are a hell of a lot more that will keep on posting there finds.

And if Vino does come back, I for one will welcome him back, he will have done his time and learnt his lesson the hard way.

SS

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it will make a great deal of difference, sure a few might not post, but they are a hell of a lot more that will keep on posting there finds.

And if Vino does come back, I for one will welcome him back, he will have done his time and learnt his lesson the hard way.

SS

Couldn't agree more. Lesson learned the hard way. That's how I've learned all of mine lol. I just hope he owns it and apologizes. Then we can move past it.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It really doesn't matter if he learns his lesson. Once trust is broken, all actions after the fact will be suspect. What really matters is hopefully all this has made others think before they deceive. If the ban is permanent, and I don't know why it wouldn't be, all this will be forgotten and some other member will break the trust. We are a cross section of humanity. Some have morals, some don't. Some impose boundaries to their own actions, some go where they want because they believe the world owes them.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really doesn't matter if he learns his lesson. Once trust is broken, all actions after the fact will be suspect. What really matters is hopefully all this has made others think before they deceive. If the ban is permanent, and I don't know why it wouldn't be, all this will be forgotten and some other member will break the trust. We are a cross section of humanity. Some have morals, some don't. Some impose boundaries to their own actions, some go where they want because they believe the world owes them.
So what you are saying is nobody deserves a second chance....bit harsh if you ask me.

SS

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course the flip side of that is: Don't worry about doing something unethical, if you get caught, just say you're sorry and you'll get a second chance.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think a lot has to be considered. Who did he really hurt? Not anybody but himself. That is the bottom line. Nobody on here got hurt, lost money or lost their life. Duped maybe but that is all.

We are not here to judge him or be judged by each other. Sometimes we HAVE to judge another, especially if you are dating and are looking for a companion. This is not the case. We don't know him, we don't associate with him outside this forum and we don't deal with him on a day to day basis.

In this instance though we really do not have to judge. None of us were hurt physically or emotionally.

Should he get another chance? That is not up to us. That will be the moderators decision. If he is given one and he has changed accept him as far as I am concerned. Some will never believe him again. Others will. We ALL have that choice. The choice WE DO NOT HAVE is to hold a grudge as to let others know what he has done in the past, to keep the dissension going on. It needs to be buried.

I have learned a lot from the forums. People come and go. On another forum I am on we have a poster in southern California. He joined and bought an AT-Pro three years ago. EVERY YEAR he has found over a thousand dollars in clad in UNHUNTED school yards. Most of it quarters. The kids must be filthy rich to leave quarters all over the ground, without any snow to cover them up. He gets 17 - 30 dollars every time he goes out.

Who is he hurting? I think all the people that have detected for years know it is impossible to have spots that never dry up. He could be duping new people to go out and buy an At-Pro so they can have free extra money. I had an issue with him and I got a weeks vacation. Not my site and not my decision to let him or not let him post his bogus finds.

Anyway, we are all on this earth for a very short time. I have buried my parents due to an automobile wreck and a wife from illness. I know how fragile life is.

Judge who you absolutely have to and let the others be judged by people that absolutely have to judge them. I think you will find an easier road in life that way.

My free 2¢

Last edited:
OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right time to put this topic to a dirtnap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread