Cant let the kid outdo me, back to the hood

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Can't let the kid outdo me, back to the hood

Even though I feel life is flying by Nate and I have been able to get in three hunts lately. The first hunt we did was at an old park that we have never been to before. Nate put the silver skunk on Dan and I (He found a silver Washington). I didn't find much – best finds were a ratty marble and some early wheat pennies (1909, 1911, 1929).
Huntnumbertwo800A.jpg

May27thwheatscloseup.jpg

The second hunt was at a school we have found plenty of silver at but mostly silver rosies with some mercs here and there. It was just Nate and I and again he put the silver skunk on me with finding a Walking Half and then a silver rosie. Now normally I am happy to see my boy find something good but when he pulled that Walker not ten feet from me I was a bit jealous. :angry2:

Huntnumbertwo800.jpg

Even the wheat pennies I found were ratty! :P
Huntnumbertwowheats.jpg

A picture of Nate gingerly removing dirt from his just found Walker:
NateholdinghisWalker.jpg

Now least anyone (Especially you DOUG :icon_biggrin:) think Nate's detecting prowness was the cause of his success.....after three hours our finds were almost the same – we each had found 6 Quarters, one nickel, one key, about 6 wheats, twenty some pennies and a dozen dimes. Only difference was the two silver and I had found a half dozen more clad dimes. :dontknow:

So Monday we had an hour or two before our Memorial Day picnic. We hit a new spot down in the hood (Cleveland).

OldClevelandSchool.jpg

Nateatoldabandonedschool.jpg

It's such a cool looking school. I don't know how long it has been abandoned but it doesn't look like that long. Anyway, twenty minutes into the hunt I found silver. What made this sweet was it was a Walker. :thumbsup: Now I was satisfied. :icon_sunny: We didn't find any other silver there but will have to hit it again.

Huntnumberthree800.jpg

Walkerback640.jpg

HH all,

Bob

Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Re: Can't let the kid outdo me, back to the hood

Great finds, love the Walker! Great looking old school...hit it some more.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Re: Can't let the kid outdo me, back to the hood

That school looks like a really nice spot to hunt.........amazing how high that grass is already. You guys ran into some nice silver.........those walkers.........I'd like to find one of those. Congrats.

Ricardo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread