Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Courthouse.jpg
So much rain around here it's hard to do anything outside. Spent a good part of the day last Saturday with little to show for it with my E-trac. Solution: Try something different and I just purchased an Equinox 600 for faster recovery in the trashy areas with a little coil (well it sounds good anyway :laughing7:)
2-9-19 Finds.JPG
Normally when I find a harmonica reed I pitch it, but this one is in excellent condition. "AND", knowing the history of the Confederate and Union occupation of this courthouse; I strongly suspect it could have belonged to a soldier. It was exactly 12" deep and I about stopped digging because I thought it was another service pipe.
Turban3.JPG
This tiny little sterling thing is pretty cool. Looks like it may have been attached to a ring or something? Is this a religious figure maybe?

Doubt I'll be going back to this courthouse anytime soon, as I have obtained some permissions that maybe were never detected. Better luck to y'all than me lately.

Upvote 20

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I like the little head. Reminds me of an Arabic sultan.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N8ce hunt and looks like a great site, Congratulations on the saves and BOL On your new permissions

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Any day digging silver is a good day. Good luck with the new EQ600!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, good luck on the new permissions! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the silver is of T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia ) ? The features seem to be other than Semitic, or Middle Eastern - more Caucasion ? Nice find !

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disregard my previous post , after a second look I think I'm completely mistaken about the earlier assessment .

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant score big every time but we try lol good hunt that head thing is pretty cool.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats! That Courthouse looks to be a excellent permission site. In my neck of the woods that would be on the historic registry and a very hard permission. Good luck on your next sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread