Capped Bust half dime, 1863 Indian, Wheats, 1908 dog license, and Philipino coin

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is several small hunts with the best find today, an 1835 Capped Bust half dime, my oldest U.S. coin. I couldn't believe when I saw it in the hole 8 inches down. I almost didn't dig it as it rang up like a zinc Lincoln. Also the 1863 fatty Indian was today and a rookie mistake was made. I scratched it. It was in rocks and clay and I couldn't hardly get anything out of the hole, so I got careless. 12 Wheats ranging from 1930 to 1958, a 5 Peso coin from the Philipines that I recovered from a coinstar, a model T valve stem cover, and a Blair County, Pa dog tax paid tag from 1908. That would be the oldest dog license I have ever dug. The Capped Bust is my first Capped Bust coin and a big bucket lister for me. These small hunts have been squeezed in while remodeling a kitchen for my better half. I haven't had a lot of time to MD but I am thankful for the few nice finds. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG Thanks for looking and happy hunting. Good luck.

Upvote 28
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the real deal. Any silver found in this neck of the woods comes out in great shape. Our dirt is very forgiving.
Congrats on some terrific finds. Your half dime really caught my eye. The details on the coin are quite strong, but the surfaces don't appear right for a silver coin buried so long. I wonder if its a contemporary counterfeit. I'd certainly be thrilled with it either way.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very sweet finds, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread