HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok everyone, this was probably the best and most insane hunt I have ever done! I really can't give out too much info, but we did our research and found an excellent spot. My friend and I start searching, right off the bat I score an 1838 copper. We continue and I get an 1807 half cent. My friend calls me over a little later and he scores a classic head half cent. Just and I am leaving he get another signal a few feet away and bam, a 1775 1 real with a hole! By now I am a little jealous that he found the silver, but we knew this site would have more... We both spot a hill and start to walk up. He get another copper and a few feet away I get another signal, a 1789 1 real! I was very happy now. Not long after that and close by I got an 1822 large cent. Anyways, we keep putzing around. Very few buttons, 3 in total, a cloak clasp chain I found also. My friend calls me over, yet another silver coin! This time a half of a 1 real which looked like it was in a fire of some sort. Back we go searching when I hear him call out..... Silver! I walk back and there in the hole he quickly he reveals a large silver disk. We don't know what it is at this point. I get the water ready and reach in and grab it without looking. Then, I pulled the coin out and put water over it. We couldn't believe it, an 1818 capped bust quarter in just amazing condition. By now I was getting spoiled, a 1 real was great, but I wanted some american silver or something really really good too! We decided to go slow back over the spots. I got a signal beneath a giant root of a tree and started digging. I let my friend scan the hole and he helped also. As we were digging, I said maybe it could be a gold coin or gold ring! Sure enough, when we got to the target, to my amazement it was a gold ring! I couldn't believe it. most likely the ring was from the early 1800s. It had been resized was beautifully etched. One thing I forgot to mention the gold ring was the second ring I found that day. Earlier I found a small copper ring with a flower design. We are both still in shock by what we found today. Research is key!

Happy hunting to all! finds1.jpg finds2.jpg finds3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 52

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap!!! What a hunt. That capped bust is a real looker. Congrats to you and your friends on some great research!!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Capped bust quarter is awesome. Maybe see three a year on this forum

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw your post doing it’s rounds on Facebook. Congrats on a hunt you’ll remember forever

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal ! That is some seriously excellent finds ! The Capped Bust quarters don't get found very often at all !!!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really really great hunt. Congrats !! I'm sure you'll be posting more great finds from your special place in the woods.

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, wow that was a amazing hunt with nice finds. Congrats:occasion14:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
very nice hunt

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a KILLER HUNT!!! Great job doing the hard work of research it certainly has paid off for you and your friend. I am drooling thinking about what may still be there!! Congratulations :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the killer hunt! :notworthy:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Just, well...WOW!!!!! 😱

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a banner hunt! more than double the amount of coins than buttons. Well done!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a hunt :icon_thumright: Those folks must have had some money considering all the coins, especially silver, and the gold.
They did keep their buttons sewed on tight though :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread