HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok everyone, this was probably the best and most insane hunt I have ever done! I really can't give out too much info, but we did our research and found an excellent spot. My friend and I start searching, right off the bat I score an 1838 copper. We continue and I get an 1807 half cent. My friend calls me over a little later and he scores a classic head half cent. Just and I am leaving he get another signal a few feet away and bam, a 1775 1 real with a hole! By now I am a little jealous that he found the silver, but we knew this site would have more... We both spot a hill and start to walk up. He get another copper and a few feet away I get another signal, a 1789 1 real! I was very happy now. Not long after that and close by I got an 1822 large cent. Anyways, we keep putzing around. Very few buttons, 3 in total, a cloak clasp chain I found also. My friend calls me over, yet another silver coin! This time a half of a 1 real which looked like it was in a fire of some sort. Back we go searching when I hear him call out..... Silver! I walk back and there in the hole he quickly he reveals a large silver disk. We don't know what it is at this point. I get the water ready and reach in and grab it without looking. Then, I pulled the coin out and put water over it. We couldn't believe it, an 1818 capped bust quarter in just amazing condition. By now I was getting spoiled, a 1 real was great, but I wanted some american silver or something really really good too! We decided to go slow back over the spots. I got a signal beneath a giant root of a tree and started digging. I let my friend scan the hole and he helped also. As we were digging, I said maybe it could be a gold coin or gold ring! Sure enough, when we got to the target, to my amazement it was a gold ring! I couldn't believe it. most likely the ring was from the early 1800s. It had been resized was beautifully etched. One thing I forgot to mention the gold ring was the second ring I found that day. Earlier I found a small copper ring with a flower design. We are both still in shock by what we found today. Research is key!

Happy hunting to all! finds1.jpg finds2.jpg finds3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 52

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly Ive been looking for years for a spot half that good. thanks for posting em

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
now, how to top that? well, I hope that you do! cloud nine floatation for sure!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two amazing hunts from that site. The capped silvers really are super finds. Still on my bucket list.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh what a glorious feeling, oh what a glorious day....Everything went your way! So happy for you. What state do you live in?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread