🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pieces of :censored:.
My wife's 2014 Honda Pilot sprung a leak. Whenever it rains hard the leak comes down from the front head liner and down the left A pillar. Ok no problem. Had the wife schedule an appt and she dropped it off. We get a call the next day and the service manager says they ran the car through a car wash and couldn't replicate the problem. It's probably coming from the he windshield as the seal probably went bad. Ok no problem, is it covered? Nope, glass not covered so it will cost $75 plus tax to remove windshield and reseal. Ok no problem, fix it. This was Wednesday.
Wife picked up the car today as it was all fixed and came home. I met her outside and noticed the car. It was as dirty as when she first dropped it off? Dang it, usually a dealer gives it a good car wash before handing it back. Wait a minute, that's not right. The manager said they ran it through the car wash and couldn't replicate the leak? Hmhmnhhhgh?
Now I start scrutinizing the windshield. Not a smudge, fingerprint, gasket remnent, nothing. If you guys ever had a windshield replaced you know damn well what it looks like afterwards. Not even the tell tale suction cup rings left of the glass. It was probably just a clogged drain in the moon roof which they cleared in 2 min.
I called the sales manager I bought the car from. If I deal with the service dept I will most likely end up in jail. He said he will "look" into it. Told him there's nothing to look into and to reimburse my cc.
I won't go into detail about what will happen if this gets any worse. They took advantage of my wife and my money. No good.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are dealing with DO WE CHEATEM and HOW!! I have always said on the ladder of life a car salesman is only one rung above a child molester.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah car dealers are well I can't say in polite company

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Having worked at several dealerships as a mechanic when I got out of high school I found out very quickly..don't deal with sales people or department managers when it comes to issues like this. Go straight to the general manager of the dealership. If you ask to see him be prepared to get the runaround about, not in, too busy, etc... from all of the flunkies. Just ask where his office is and check for yourself. If they truly aren't in, come back unannounced. If you get no satisfaction from him then it's time to go to resources outside of the dealership. Start with Honda and if they're not receptive, contact your local news media and advise them of a scamming dealership. The media loves the drama and usually draws action. You'll get much further using the free options but don't be afraid to fall back to small claims court if all else fails. Document and photograph everything!

As you may or may not be able to tell, I take absolutely NO crap from a car dealership...they taught me too well!! LOL

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact the BBB - they have helped me out a few times with uncooperative businesses.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your car to another Honda dealer (or windshield repair guy) and ask the them to tell if that is a factory install, or aftermarket windshield.

That will then tell you what your next step should be.

As for salesmen being pieces of crap..........probably, but didn't you deal with a service person about your problem? What does the salesman have to do with it?

After he gets his new car order and commission he moves on, just like all of us would do.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your car to another Honda dealer (or windshield repair guy) and ask the them to tell if that is a factory install, or aftermarket windshield.

That will then tell you what your next step should be.

As for salesmen being pieces of crap..........probably, but didn't you deal with a service person about your problem? What does the salesman have to do with it?

After he gets his new car order and commission he moves on, just like all of us would do.
The windshield was not to be replaced, only removed and resealed. I never said the salesman was a piece of crap. I deal with the sales manager because not only does he sell the car but the service/dealership as well.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I make a suggestion. I am very familiar with Honda. Have family in management. When it comes to the 'customer' they are very sensitive to these kinds of shenanigans screwing with their image. If you would go back to the dealership and grab a comment card. There is an address on it to contact directly Honda Corp. Drop them a line about what happened and ask for someone at Corp. to contact you. They will do it and look into the matter. Honda dealerships receive inventory based on customer comment cards. It's the only car company that is structured that way. They take it serious and the owner of the dealership does too. I have seen dealerships pulled when owners don't meet Honda's standards and the standards are Japanese not American. These things happen when managers don't do their job.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked at several dealerships as a mechanic when I got out of high school I found out very quickly..don't deal with sales people or department managers when it comes to issues like this. Go straight to the general manager of the dealership. If you ask to see him be prepared to get the runaround about, not in, too busy, etc... from all of the flunkies. Just ask where his office is and check for yourself. If they truly aren't in, come back unannounced. If you get no satisfaction from him then it's time to go to resources outside of the dealership. Start with Honda and if they're not receptive, contact your local news media and advise them of a scamming dealership. The media loves the drama and usually draws action. You'll get much further using the free options but don't be afraid to fall back to small claims court if all else fails. Document and photograph everything!

As you may or may not be able to tell, I take absolutely NO crap from a car dealership...they taught me too well!! LOL
My tool for ANY business that pulls this kind of BS is Type up a letter describing the issue. Address it to your states attorney. Edit it to the BBB, and again to the businesses president or CEO. Talk to the manager with your letters in a manila folder. Let him / her read them and inform him / her if your problem isn't solved to your satisfaction by close of business, these will be sent the next day. It helps to ask for or pick up one of that persons business cards as your speaking. Can't count how many times this technique has solved problems for just a few minutes of time and the cost of paper. An example - Had a problem with an insurance company trying not to pay out a claim. Did this & filed a complaint on the State Attorneys site. Believe it or not they paid the claim in full! Don't want to knock ALL dealerships. The dealer I bought my last car from couldn't do enough for me. They noticed a little fly speck of an imperfection in the tint. Didn't even have to ask! Probably would've blown it off. Thirty minutes later, they replaced the tint completely!

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe me, I know it's not all dealerships. The best service I have ever received was from a Land Rover dealership(I have owned two in the past), and a local Honda dealership where I get routine maintenance done. Even if was just the drain plug and they banged me out for a windshield reseal that would have been fine as I wouldn't have known. But these guys are stupid enough not to do any work at all and expect a rational human being not to notice?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had windshields replace many times and many times there wasn't even a fingerprint on glass after the job, I also know they changed it because they did it in my driveway.

Just FYI, cracked and scratched windshields replacement are covered under your comprehensive insurance and cost nothing to the owner if done that way..

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had windshields replace many times and many times there wasn't even a fingerprint on glass after the job, I also know they changed it because they did it in my driveway.

Just FYI, cracked and scratched windshields replacement are covered under your comprehensive insurance and cost nothing to the owner if done that way..
Absolutely, when the glass and moldings are super clean. Like I said, the car was never washed. The windshield and moldings and everything else was full of dust and road grime. Impossible to handle anything full of dust and not leave remnants of handling. Like moving an old dusty armoire into another room. You gonna see where you're hands were right?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
A family member decided to take $500 that one car dealer offered her for a 2004 Saturn ion, I am pretty sure a dealer would pay at least 1.5k elsewhere. This was in 2012, so the car was only 8 years old at the time. Car dealers can be crooks many times.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some horrible other repair experiences, which I am still too traumatized about to speak of.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A family member decided to take $500 that one car dealer offered her for a 2004 Saturn ion, I am pretty sure a dealer would pay at least 1.5k elsewhere. This was in 2012, so the car was only 8 years old at the time. Car dealers can be crooks many times.
Damn. I think the scrapyard would give more than that.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes!!! They could've at least five times that parting it out!

When I bought my last car the young pup sales guy came in REAL low on my trade. Told him naw I'll sell it myself. After two trips back to talk to his manager and two higher offers, told him I can part it out for more than that. He asked how much do you think you can get? Bad mistake I told him $200 under book. Another trip & he comes back with the manager who says they can't offer that for a trade. Another mistake :laughing7: Got up, gulped the rest of my coffee and told them to have a nice day. They just about tackled me and he gave me what I wanted for the trade! So, that shows you how much they can give you for a trade & that their worst fear is you're going to walk out without buying a car. Remember! They aren't the only dealer on the block!:laughing7::laughing7:

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The windshield was not to be replaced, only removed and resealed. I never said the salesman was a piece of crap. I deal with the sales manager because not only does he sell the car but the service/dealership as well.

Sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that it was you that said bad things about car salesmen, it was the post right under your first one that likened them to child molesters?

That was a little too far out there for me, but I do agree that they can be a shifty lot.

As for the resealing job comment, I just figured that it would be something that a person who does it all the time would know right away.

Me personally I don't think I would notice, well unless it still had all the previous road rash then I would know I got scammed for sure, but that's why I suggested bring it elsewhere for them to look.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes!!! They could've at least five times that parting it out!

When I bought my last car the young pup sales guy came in REAL low on my trade. Told him naw I'll sell it myself. After two trips back to talk to his manager and two higher offers, told him I can part it out for more than that. He asked how much do you think you can get? Bad mistake I told him $200 under book. Another trip & he comes back with the manager who says they can't offer that for a trade. Another mistake :laughing7: Got up, gulped the rest of my coffee and told them to have a nice day. They just about tackled me and he gave me what I wanted for the trade! So, that shows you how much they can give you for a trade & that their worst fear is you're going to walk out without buying a car. Remember! They aren't the only dealer on the block!:laughing7::laughing7:

Always try and sell yourself if you can. I just bought a new truck last week, dealer offered me about a third of KBB - I laughed and said no, I will sell it myself. I had my old truck sold in less than 24 hours after listing for more than twice of KBB with about 11 other offers.

Remember, book price is NOT real market value. Book is sometimes not even close to what they will bring in the real world.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Was this the guy ?

Attachments

• used-car-salesman.jpg
    used-car-salesman.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dealerships are ....crooks...they have so many scams to screw you with. my mistake was bringing my mother in law with us but we had nobody to watch her , ...we negoiated and made a deal then they separated us and it was my wifes car so she went to sign the papers ..when i got home i looked at the contract she signed and the payment was what we agreed upon but the added another year of payments...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread