ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone with a whites M6 & different coil sizes give me some idea of how much depth I lose using the 6" concentric coil vs the 9.5 coil that comes with the detector? I realize that there are many many variables that will effect depth but from your personal experiences what's the difference that you notice in depth?

Also, is there a larger deeper coil I can use that will also work in light to moderate trash? The Detech? D2? I would apprecite some advice, thanks everyone.

If this has been covered before I apologize in advance.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't answer in actual in ground inches, but my experience on the MXT with that coil found it to be plenty deep for most coin shooting etc. in parks, soccer fields and such. Nicer to swing and handles trashy areas better. IMHO it makes a pretty good general use coil.
luvsdux

OP
OP
ArthurC

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your reply. I have been removing as many signals as possibly from an area, with the 6" coil, to see if the stock coil finds any deeper coins the 6" missed. After digging several old .22 bullets from over 7" today I'm thinking it probably won't be much deeper. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread