carrier going through boxes - NOT! **Pics**

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I had a very similar experience today that jay741jay (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,456924.0.html) had yesterday: picked up my weekly 2 boxes, and after opening one it looked like they had been gone through.

DSC04275-001.JPG

DSC04275.JPG

Boy, was I ticked off! :angry5: Grabbed a few rolls, and took a closer look. Maybe it was a bad rolling job, but it sure looked like they had been searched. Kinda weird, since the boxes were sealed, but who knows? Decided to open the second box - same as the first!

DSC04277.JPG

I was driving home at the time, and had opened the boxes at stoplights. I'd been good lately about not going through rolls while driving, but at first I just couldn't resist taking a peek, then after seeing the first I got mad and opened the second at the next red light. Well, by the time I hit the third light, I took a closer look at that second box...

DSC04279.JPG

DSC04279-001.JPG

*cough* ::)

Nevermind!

Will post results when I get through both boxes. It really boosts your mood to know you're not going to get skunked before even opening a roll!

Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't yet had any problems with String boxes (yet) but lots of (issues) with Brinks boxes lately. :BangHead: But at least what ever ******* is messing with them allways knows enough to put the "messed" with side of the roll down, so at least when you open the box it looks good.

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the ender. mine did not look like that they were machined rolled on one end and hand wrapped on the other end like cwr. no silver either and i counted 10 of the rolls two of them were short by one i dump monday or tuesday so ill find out how much there really is. Also its a lommis supplied bank and i got 2 brinks boxes with one box half strings and half brinks. How does lommins hand out brinks boxes? Also from your screen name were you a former teller?

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
jay741jay said:
congrats on the ender. mine did not look like that they were machined rolled on one end and hand wrapped on the other end like cwr. no silver either and i counted 10 of the rolls two of them were short by one i dump monday or tuesday so ill find out how much there really is. Also its a lommis supplied bank and i got 2 brinks boxes with one box half strings and half brinks. How does lommins hand out brinks boxes? Also from your screen name were you a former teller?

Sorry dude, it wasn't my intention to lampoon your situation. It was just that the first thought that crossed through my mind today, was "I just got one of jay's boxes!" I didn't post pics of the other side of the rolls, but they looked highly suspicious. Still do - I'm opening them now.

With respect to your question about my screen name: yes. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,397337.msg2837405.html#msg2837405

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I too got a Brinks box this week that were someone's dumps. Total skunk...but I am happy to hear that you are scoring silver!!!!

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I have really got to learn not to post until the box is searched. Alas, the ender was the sole silver out of both boxes. I did find a '74S proof (non-silver), a mint '82P no "FG", and another magician's coin, which I absolutely cannot get open! I can hear something rattling around in there, and it's driving me crazy! I think this one is super-glued shut. :BangHead:

FT

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
FormerTeller said:
I have really got to learn not to post until the box is searched. Alas, the ender was the sole silver out of both boxes. I did find a '74S proof (non-silver), a mint '82P no "FG", and another magician's coin, which I absolutely cannot get open! I can hear something rattling around in there, and it's driving me crazy! I think this one is super-glued shut. :BangHead:

FT

Have you tried the trick of letting it sit in the freezer for a while, and then shaking it inside a jar?

That worked for me.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
One can tell with experience that those are machined errors in wrapping the ends not counting the Frankie on the end of course.

Strange, I had a dream that a box shorted me 5 rolls last night. I don't dream about CRHing too often. This is my second dream I've ever had concerning CRHing over 10 years.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a lot of String rolls that look loosely wrapped and even tampered with. I think its from them shifting in the truck, the weight of the coins settling, if they are loosely wrapped to begin with, any movement in the back of the truck will cause them to wiggle out of their wrappers.

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
jarlbartar said:
I get a lot of String rolls that look loosely wrapped and even tampered with. I think its from them shifting in the truck, the weight of the coins settling, if they are loosely wrapped to begin with, any movement in the back of the truck will cause them to wiggle out of their wrappers.

I believe you are correct sir :icon_salut:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread