Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dan,

I believe Rollstown now has a power plant built on it, so scratch that one off your list. There is a marker somewhere commemerating it.

I don't know of a town called Matanzas, except for the Fort, which is a State Park, so no swinging allowed there.

Where abouts was Carterville?

Jack

OP
OP
D

Danielmc

"By the 1880s the population was 4535 for St. Johns County. There were only a few other towns in the county: Carterville, Fruit Cove, Switzerland, Matanzas, Moultrie, Orangedale, Picolata, Racy Point, Remington Park, and of course, St. Augustine. "

Matanzas was south of pelicar creek and Carterville was just north of Pelicar creek, but I fear Carterville may be on the current proerty of Faver dykes state park.

On all the maps i've seen, Matanzas exact location keeps switching on the maps, so apprently the maps aren't all that accurate.

Where in palm coast do you live?

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Carterville, Rollstown, Matanzas, abandoned towns

Hi Dan,

I live in the "R" section.

I haven't been over to the Flagler Museum at 100 and A1A, it might have some leads for some locations in the area that are not protected by the state.

I go out and swing a few days a week at Flagler Beach, just to get out.

Jack

Millswamp

Jul 23, 2013
Newnan, Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question? What is R section? I assume Restricted. Why on your own property are you

Restricted? Thanks, Carleton

Hi Dan,

I live in the "R" section.

I haven't been over to the Flagler Museum at 100 and A1A, it might have some leads for some locations in the area that are not protected by the state.

I go out and swing a few days a week at Flagler Beach, just to get out.

Jack

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Palm coast is laid out so all the roads in a section all begin with the same letter. My grandma is in b, an aunt in w and a cousin in p. that's what he meant by r section.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions