🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Carved boulder or just another rock?

Copper Frog

Greenie
Oct 16, 2022
I recently came across this boulder while exploring in central AZ. Does this boulder (pic 1) look manipulated? If so, what do you see?

The main boulder, about 5ft tall, has a support stone (pic 2) leaning into it from behind. The support stone and main boulder form a perfectly nested 90 degree corner. There is also a small balance rock (pic 3) to level the support stone. The construction of this small boulder pile appears to me, to be man-made, rather than a natural tumble of rocks. The hillside I was clambering over is devoid of similarly sized boulders.

What does the community think?

Attachments

• Big boulder.PNG
    Big boulder.PNG
    292.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Support stone corner.PNG
    Support stone corner.PNG
    465.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Balance rock.PNG
    Balance rock.PNG
    575.7 KB · Views: 55

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you provide some reference for how large it is? 5" tall...10'?

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The first picture does look like a human head, facing to the left. I’d guess pareidolia. Maybe different photo angles would help.
Welcome to the forum

Upvote 1

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 3

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the small support stone underneath the rock not strike you as strange?
No, I have travel all over the west, seen so many balanced rocks, especially in Utah.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread