VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I promised Josh a hunt at the picket post site since Doug already had a good start on a box of relics from the site from our hunt last week. Fortunately, Josh finally had a weekend off. The rain was predicted to end by 2 pm so we decided meet at 3 pm for a rare afternoon hunt. The weather forecast was wrong because the rain began once more as we arrived with a north wind and 46 degrees. We donned our hoodies and hit the field. We had a 3 hr. 40 minute hunt as dark came early due to cloud cover. My best find was a carved tooth. Josh dug a brass epaulet key and a ball button. We dig few ball buttons here. We both dug several bullets. I had one eagle button disintegrate in my hand and was left with only the back. Josh dug a few coat size eagles and only one was in decent shape. Josh loves digging knapsack hooks and I had the audacity to dig two on our hunt-LOL. Our relic hunting will be over soon so we’re getting ‘em while we can. HH from Josh & Quindy.

Attachments

• J & Q 3-29.JPG
    J & Q 3-29.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 246
  • 3-29 w Josh.JPG
    3-29 w Josh.JPG
    500.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Josh 3-29.JPG
    Josh 3-29.JPG
    982.8 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 13
Nice hunt Quindy ! I Love the Epaulet ! and the lead tooth ! Nice relics ! Wasn't ( Lead Tooth ) the name of a James Bond Film ! MaineRelic

Nice hunt Quindy ! I Love the Epaulet ! and the lead tooth ! Nice relics ! Wasn't ( Lead Tooth ) the name of a James Bond Film ! MaineRelic

I saw that movie MR but I don't recall that guy's teeth having a patina-LOL. The epaulet key was a puzzle. Thanks & HH, Q.

That carved tooth is a cool find man:headbang:

I have had buttons crumble before my eyes also..

Blaze

Nice bunch of finds. I am glad I passed over all those relics so Josh would have something to dig. The epaulet lock is on page 353 of our relic book. Quindy, always reference our relic book when you are not sure about something.

Nice hunt boys! That picket post continues to produce!

Nice hunt..always nice when everyone finds some nice stuff !!!

Cool carved tooth !!

Long range for the summer is supposed to be a wet one !!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nice stuff! Love the carved lead!

Great finds love all the colonial!

HH

Three hours & 40 minutes in the rain, north wind, and 46 degrees . . . .that's what I call dedication! :icon_thumright: Congrats on another prosperous hunt, and you know I love the 'toothie.' Dman, you're such a Southern gentleman! Another nice video Q with Glenn.

:)
Breezie

Nice bunch of finds. I am glad I passed over all those relics so Josh would have something to dig. The epaulet lock is on page 353 of our relic book. Quindy, always reference our relic book when you are not sure about something.

LMAO Dman. :laughing7: You cracked me up on that one.
-DUHg-

Q-
You and Josh had a super hunt there. I love that tooth bullet. I've seen chewed bullets before, but not tooth bullets.
Funny video with you two clowns. Great Glen Campbell song too. I'm glad he became a singer instead of working at the families soup business. :tongue3:
I'm looking forward to seeing Dman and Josh's new book. Especially the chapter on proper detecting attire. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the post Buddy.
-DUHg-

That was a lot of buttons if you think about it. Like the key and tooth as well. I am still waiting on DMan's book for my library. I would like the signed Trio autograph also please. I have heard that you have been giving them out:dontknow:
Nice hunt guys!
HH

Heck yeah and a YeeeHaw! You all makin' it look easy. BTW...I'd like my book autographed too. The last one you sent me, you forgot to sign.
Congrats on a great hunt!
Nana :)

I've told you time and time again, that place is CLEANED out. Quit going up there!!! Good finds from you both I love those big .69's. and the carved bullet. I can't wait till DMan's book comes out as I want a copy. He really is "The most interesting relic hunter". :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back