cash for silver

dimetime

Greenie
Mar 23, 2011
i went in to sell my silver coins and they said they would only give me 10 times face value when silver is up to 35 dollars,and lat year when i sold my silver coins they gave me the same price when silver was only 18 dollars a ounce,why buy silver coins in bulk for future investment if you are only going to get face value,your better off smelting your own silver coins then giving them the way they are,why is this?

illinidigger

Jun 1, 2010
Illinois-St. Louis Metro
Detector(s) used
Explorer Se Pro White's IDX pro
Try again, most dealers are paying 20 times face or more right now. If no one in your area is, ebay or one on of the refineries is a good option.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
when it was 30 dollars an ounce a coin and jewlery place paid me 3 dollars a dime 5 a quarter 10 a half and 20 a dollar on common silver. so shop around. willy

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dimetime said:
i went in to sell my silver coins and they said they would only give me 10 times face value when silver is up to 35 dollars,and lat year when i sold my silver coins they gave me the same price when silver was only 18 dollars a ounce,why buy silver coins in bulk for future investment if you are only going to get face value,your better off smelting your own silver coins then giving them the way they are,why is this?

Haha...Its called "Trying to make a Quick Buck"..Ill give ya Dbl That :thumbsup:

RickyD

Jan 21, 2006
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550. Garrett Pro Pointer
Sold my silver finds not more than 3 months ago to one of these outfits that travels around to different hotels in the area and advertises in the newspaper. They were paying 3 dollars for dimes, and accordingly at each denomination. Made no difference if they were Mercury or Rosevelt. Would only take buffalo nickles if the date could be read. After I left I thought that to be odd. But, oh well.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
RickyD said:
Sold my silver finds not more than 3 months ago to one of these outfits that travels around to different hotels in the area and advertises in the newspaper. They were paying 3 dollars for dimes, and accordingly at each denomination. Made no difference if they were Mercury or Rosevelt. Would only take buffalo nickles if the date could be read. After I left I thought that to be odd. But, oh well.
Why would you think that's odd ? Buffalo nickles contain no silver. No date buffalos are only worth slightly more than 5 cents each and they sell on Ebay all the time dirt cheap. I have a pile of them myself and when I get bored I'm going to dig out my Dremel tool and try my hand at making "hobo nickles"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions