Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped for a quick hunt today at one of those parks that you can say has been hunted to death. I decided to hunt by the ball field on a slope about 100 feet behind home plate.At one spot ,I had a good solid 25 cent signal but it was bouncing around to other numbers also. I used the probe and pinpointer,and couldn't hit the coin. So I dug down 3'' and unearthed this packman likeness in a scrap of metal. Once removed ,I was able to find 2 quarters a little deeper in the hole . The holes in the metal were probubly from other people's probes.

Attachments

• DSC00480 (Small).JPG
    DSC00480 (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,338
Upvote 0
OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's how you get the good stuff

You are so right Kiko

You hunt well congrat's

Thanks golden

Extractor

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to stick with it AND recheck your holes!!
O yea TYM, I always recheck.

Thanks Peachy

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
extractor said:
I stopped for a quick hunt today at one of those parks that you can say has been hunted to death. I decided to hunt by the ball field on a slope about 100 feet behind home plate.At one spot ,I had a good solid 25 cent signal but it was bouncing around to other numbers also. I used the probe and pinpointer,and couldn't hit the coin. So I dug down 3'' and unearthed this packman likeness in a scrap of metal. Once removed ,I was able to find 2 quarters a little deeper in the hole . The holes in the metal were probubly from other people's probes.

I've learned to always check your hole. I did it today a couple of times. Pulled out a nail and rechecked the hole and still had a strong signal. Almost called it quits

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does pay to check Iffy signals! I did the same thing youv'e done and found 2 Merc dimes under a Aluminum can top ya never know ..Keep up the good work..HHing

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've learned to always check your hole. I did it today a couple of times. Pulled out a nail and rechecked the hole and still had a strong signal. Almost called it quits

Hi Crazyjarhead , yup I always re check the holes.

It does pay to check Iffy signals! I did the same thing youv'e done and found 2 Merc dimes under a Aluminum can top ya never know ..Keep up the good work..HHing

Hi Bottomfeederz, I always stop and dig the iffy signals , kind of like opening up christmas presents!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned early to recheck my holes. Have had people friends me dig up stuff that I've left. Annoying as hell. Good stuff!
Carl

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
One of the things I love about this hobby is, you just never know what your going to find. I always double check my holes too before covering them back up. Congrats!

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't just poke it, dig it and take home the goodies
Sniffer, I most of the time poke at it to locate it. I find it's quicker and less damaging in the park
Learned early to recheck my holes. Have had people friends me dig up stuff that I've left. Annoying as hell. Good stuff!
Carl Thanks Carl,I always recheck ,

One of the things I love about this hobby is, you just never know what your going to find. I always double check my holes too before covering them back up. Congrats

Thanks Pepper This is a great hobby, / Sport.
Extractor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread