Cashed in my dirty clad for something shiny!

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My clad jar is already full for the year so decided to count it. I couldn't believe it but ended up with $124.90 on the year so far in dirty clad! I decided to trade it in for something shiny and ordered a nice 2010 and 2011 American Eagle Proof dollar to commemorate the first two years of me being in this hobby!

The 2010 hasn't arrived yet but here is a picture of the 2011!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• CladTotal09072011.jpg
    CladTotal09072011.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 2011AmericanEagleOBV.jpg
    2011AmericanEagleOBV.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 2011AmericanEagleREV.jpg
    2011AmericanEagleREV.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 2011AmericanEagleOBVclose.jpg
    2011AmericanEagleOBVclose.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 2011AmericanEagleREVclose.jpg
    2011AmericanEagleREVclose.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 185

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
That's the way to do it ... turn that clad into shiny--I approve. :thumbsup:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
p2c said:

As do I! She is a beauty, Jason. Looks like you need to work a little harder on filling up that nickel glass too. ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Sweet!
I have one kitty litter bucket 3/4 full of clad to be tumbled, but I'm going for a bigger clad ROCA (Return On Clad Accumulation)

Probably gonna be getting some serious cladding in this weekend.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Lowbatts said:
Sweet!
I have one kitty litter bucket 3/4 full of clad to be tumbled, but I'm going for a bigger clad ROCA (Return On Clad Accumulation)

Probably gonna be getting some serious cladding in this weekend.

Going for the Gold Tim? When you do, post it. Let's all nominate it for banner and see what happens, since its hard to get other things of value up there.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D-Dub said:
p2c said:

As do I! She is a beauty, Jason. Looks like you need to work a little harder on filling up that nickel glass too. ;D

Haha yeah I agree Dan. I just started trying to pay attention to those signals around the 12-12 area. Its tough sometimes because you just want to hear those nice high tones and its easy to ignore the other tones.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Gimmie The Loot said:
D-Dub said:
p2c said:

Haha yeah I agree Dan. I just started trying to pay attention to those signals around the 12-12 area. Its tough sometimes because you just want to hear those nice high tones and its easy to ignore the other tones.

The 12-12 signal has become a favorite spot for me (except for all the bullets and casings). In the real old places, where other people also researched and hunted, are likely to still have a lot of V nickels b/c people did exactly that--focused on the silver.

I also found that once my ability was established to hear the nickel well, my overall ability with the Etrac, including silver, sky-rocketed (don't know why), but that was just my experience.

I keep hoping one day a 12-12 will end up being a Gold Dollar coin ... can always hope.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet trade in Jason :icon_thumright: might have to get one for my myself.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet trade. I'm waiting to trade in my clad and putting it towards an AR-15.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookn4Seated said:

Sweet dude - I'll chip in on ammo if I can shoot it!

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Lookn4Seated said:

Nice option. But I would warn you that living in Cook county you have to be a little careful. I currently do not own an AR-15 and wish I could as well as a Saiga 12. But there is a stupid Assult Weapons Ordinance that outlaws almost anything semi-auto which If you take the stupid law literally would even outlaw my Ruger 10-22. As a result, I have been careful to research what options are out there to be considered legal under this. It affects all cook except very specific 'home rule' municipalities.
I have a friend on law enforcement in a town in cook, and he says they only enforce state laws and had not heard of this stupid ban, but theoretically they are illegal and I would guess that a cook county sheriff would enforce. Of course its best if you want to own one, not to say I'm buying an AR-15 on this board. Its best to keep quiet if you do have one in this county.
You should look that nice piece of stupid legislation up, and read the descriptions of what are banned. For example the exact same gun (say a semi-auto that is limited to only receiving 10 rounds from a mag) becomes illegal if one of the following things happens to it: it can accept mags >10 rounds, it has a thumbhole in the stock, it has a barrel shroud, it has a muzzle break, it has a folding stock, it has a telescoping stock... you get the picture. I could take the exact same gun and say, I decided to put a thumbhole stock on it, it now becomes illegal, though its the same gun... stupid law. AR-15s are specifically enumerated as banned.
It is okay to own if you store it outside of cook county :dontknow: That also means if you own one, only ranges that are outside of cook county will allow you to shoot one (technically).
You could save up a whole lot of money ($8000) and buy a MacMillan Tac 50, which is a bolt action 50cal which has an effective range of over 1 mile, can stop a semi truck with a single shot to the engine block, but a little .223 gun is illegal in cook...

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like we have some gun nuts in this club... I own a couple pellet guns, is that cool? One of them looks like an M-16!

JGRDHS

Feb 4, 2011
Belleville IL
I have a few of those such weapons....state issued, but I can buy them back upon retirement. If we get any kind of a group hunt; say somewhere south of I-80, I'll bring them and we can throw some lead. Then, in 60 years, some detector enthusiast can detect our brass casings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread