Castle dowse anyone?

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Hello all. Haven't been here in a while but I recently got an itch to get into dowsing maps. I'm a metal detectorist and have found some old coins in the area around this castle. (I have used my just bought pendulum to find what so far is a productive area. I also have bought a pair of brass/copper L-rods). The castle goes back around 500 years but was destroyed during WWII and then rebuilt after. (so the area immediately around the castle is probably not a good idea). I was wondering what areas would be best to search for gold or silver coins.

Thx and your time is appreciated

30mbc79.jpg

OP
OP
earthmansurfer

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Hey guys. I have most of Tuesday off. Can anyone dowse the map for a "good" coin hunting zone, please? I'll post results here.

Thanks again

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi earthmansurfer,
It sounds like you are doing quite well out there with your new pendulum!
I would like to go over the picture again when I have more time.
But for now, here is what dowsing has revealed in the color circles or in the vicinity of the circles.
Blue circles: Individual silver coins and a small coin cache inside the castle.
Purple circle: lead object.
Orange circles: copper/bronze coin/object.
Red circle: cannonball.
White circle: gold/silver scattered coins/jewellry.
Yellow circle: brass object.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetearthmansurferdowsed.jpg
    tnetearthmansurferdowsed.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
earthmansurfer

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Thanks so much for taking the time Jon. I will be going to the castle in the morning. Unfortunately the grass/vegetation is a bit high around the castle at this time. I'll still see if there is an opening to detect the spots you mentioned. Maybe I can do a quick check right next to the castle but that area might be protected (even though the castle was destroyed during the war.) But the areas behind the castle are no problem, minus the vegetation - for now.

I have been focusing on the fields as they are cut and have easy access. If you or anyone has time to check the fields/open areas, please post that as that is very easy to access. Before winter arrives, or on a warm winter day, I'll be able to check the grown over spots you mentioned.

Thanks again, really appreciate your time.

easttexasdigger

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hey this is where I get the strongest hits. I am not experienced enough to tell you what they are, but this is where I got it.-Shane

Attachments

• 30mbc79.jpg
    30mbc79.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
earthmansurfer

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Thanks Shane, You and Jon both found a spot that I found. It's the lower red circle on Jons and your bottom mark.
A couple other of Jon's overlapped mine as well, interesting.

Thanks for your time, I'm off there in the next few minutes...

OP
OP
earthmansurfer

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Just to fill you all in on the hunt. I couldn't hit any of the areas mentioned due to the before mentioned reasons. There is one area the last poster mentioned that is by the entrance to the castle grounds, towards the back end. There was a bit too much traffic there today so I passed.

Anyway, I went to another spot that I first eyed on the map and then dowsed and it was productive. So far, two dowsed spots have been productive and as I detected off the spots the finds stopped!

Still would appreciate any of the fields dowsed.

Thanks guys.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi earthmansurfer,
Thanks for posting your field report!
Here is my redowse of the castle grounds.
Blue circles: Individual silver coins and a small coin cache inside the castle.
Purple circle: lead object.
Orange circles: copper/bronze coin/object.
Red circle: cannonball.
White circle: gold/silver scattered coins/jewellry.
Yellow circle: brass object.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• tnetearthmansurferdowsed2.jpg
    tnetearthmansurferdowsed2.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 176
OP
OP
earthmansurfer

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Teleprospector (Jon), you did a pretty incredible job with your dowsing. Of course I haven't checked all the areas yet. Without giving away my spots I will say you EXACTLY hit two areas that I have hunted. I have only hunted 3 or 4 areas of the castle. Further, I founds some very nice items there.

Hopefully when the vegetation dies off (and if I can handle the cold) I'll hit the other areas Jon mentioned.

Thx

easttexasdigger

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Jon is amazing,.....he has dowsed several maps for me in the past,.....and I mean dead on. I always use his maps to "check" mine. Keep up the great work friend.-Shane

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello earthmansurfer and easttexasdigger,
Thanks for the kind words! and the field reports. I'm looking forward to working with you further.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread