Cat Island (Bahamas)

Luckystiff

May 28, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75,Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I'm new to the site, great Website.

My Question is I'm going to Cat Island on Vacation this Fall and was wondering if anyone has Dedected there? I've searched the Internet but haven't found anything about the Island if anyone has ever found anything there before.shipwrecks/buried Treasure Just looking for some fun in the sun,and maybe pay for my Vacation at the same time.

Any help Appreciated..

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky, I detected The Islands. Several years Back. Nassau. I found about a one inch piece of gold watchband. I was in the water with a submersible Fisher Impulse 8. I have never been to Cat but When I went into the country, the Bahamian Customs guy saw the detector and said they get a cut of the stuff I find. He wasn't smiling! But that was back in '90 or '91. Today, "No probe-lame mon!" TTC

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, "No probe-lame mon!" TTC

Terry, I think you have that confused with Jamaica mon! :laughing9:

I have scuba dived off Cat, but never set foot on it. I don't know if you will have any luck or not, but I do know if you don't try, you'll never know.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I think you have that confused with Jamaica mon! :laughing9:

I have scuba dived off Cat, but never set foot on it. I don't know if you will have any luck or not, but I do know if you don't try, you'll never know.
OOPS! You are right, Jason. But I was in the Bahamas. Never been to Jamaica. Tnx. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread