Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess it is kinda like treasure hunting in the water ...

Catch crabs, earn cash | NOLA.com

crab-reward-62b763ec5b36bd40.jpg

S

stefen

Darn...our Dungeness crabs on are off-limits due to the Red Tide all along the Pacific coast from San Fran to Oregon...

Generally split a 1-1/2 to 2 pounders weekly when in season...

Red Tide poisons all shell fish and local crabs...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Darn...our Dungeness crabs on are off-limits due to the Red Tide all along the Pacific coast from San Fran to Oregon...

Generally split a 1-1/2 to 2 pounders weekly when in season...

Red Tide poisons all shell fish and local crabs...

Red Tide or Fukushima ??

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew a guy in New Orleans that would put chicken parts in a net and have all he could eat in a few hours.
There was that huge grocery store in La that sold crabs for $1.50 a dozen. But that was in the 60's.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
mmmmm Blue Crabs... catch em' swimming across the channel in Key Largo on a full moon.

What a fun time.

S

stefen

Red Tide or Fukushima ??

Red Tide is a toxic and harmful algae bloom brought on, in this instance, by the warm currents resulting from El Nino...

Fukushima is not even a consideration...although Crescent City located at the California/Oregon border is frequently gifted trash from Japans tsunami.

Even found a floating boat dock (no boats attached) and all other kinds of debris on their beaches.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I knew a guy in New Orleans that would put chicken parts in a net and have all he could eat in a few hours.
There was that huge grocery store in La that sold crabs for $1.50 a dozen. But that was in the 60's.

Dat could have been any of my family ... including me! Bonet Carre Spillway had a couple of nice places to do that as well as the ghost town of Ruddock, LA - near my hometown of La Place, LA

S

stefen

Maybe 20 years ago I went crabbing with my brother-in-law near LaConnor Washington...

Since the town just held a carnival a week or two before, my BIL brought some left over kielbasa sausages for baiting the crab pots.

The first inspection of a half dozen pots came up empty...so we headed back to the docks and picked up Mackerel chunks.

Re-baited the pots and made the loop and found each pot crammed with the spiders...

Guess crabs don't like smoked sausage...:laughing7:

(In fact...think I will call wifey and have her pickup a crab or two for dinner tonite)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread