Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess it is kinda like treasure hunting in the water ...

Catch crabs, earn cash | NOLA.com

crab-reward-62b763ec5b36bd40.jpg

Darn...our Dungeness crabs on are off-limits due to the Red Tide all along the Pacific coast from San Fran to Oregon...

Generally split a 1-1/2 to 2 pounders weekly when in season...

Red Tide poisons all shell fish and local crabs...

Darn...our Dungeness crabs on are off-limits due to the Red Tide all along the Pacific coast from San Fran to Oregon...

Generally split a 1-1/2 to 2 pounders weekly when in season...

Red Tide poisons all shell fish and local crabs...

Red Tide or Fukushima ??

I knew a guy in New Orleans that would put chicken parts in a net and have all he could eat in a few hours.
There was that huge grocery store in La that sold crabs for $1.50 a dozen. But that was in the 60's.

mmmmm Blue Crabs... catch em' swimming across the channel in Key Largo on a full moon.

What a fun time.

Red Tide or Fukushima ??

Red Tide is a toxic and harmful algae bloom brought on, in this instance, by the warm currents resulting from El Nino...

Fukushima is not even a consideration...although Crescent City located at the California/Oregon border is frequently gifted trash from Japans tsunami.

Even found a floating boat dock (no boats attached) and all other kinds of debris on their beaches.

I knew a guy in New Orleans that would put chicken parts in a net and have all he could eat in a few hours.
There was that huge grocery store in La that sold crabs for $1.50 a dozen. But that was in the 60's.

Dat could have been any of my family ... including me! Bonet Carre Spillway had a couple of nice places to do that as well as the ghost town of Ruddock, LA - near my hometown of La Place, LA

Maybe 20 years ago I went crabbing with my brother-in-law near LaConnor Washington...

Since the town just held a carnival a week or two before, my BIL brought some left over kielbasa sausages for baiting the crab pots.

The first inspection of a half dozen pots came up empty...so we headed back to the docks and picked up Mackerel chunks.

Re-baited the pots and made the loop and found each pot crammed with the spiders...

Guess crabs don't like smoked sausage...:laughing7:

(In fact...think I will call wifey and have her pickup a crab or two for dinner tonite)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back