mr.ds

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Hand me down
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a huge cave system in what is now a NWR...anyway it was amazing (1984 was the time I went)
the entrance is the size of a large tree stump hole..tight squeeze for about 50ft on a incline then opens to a
massive chamber..and I do mean massive...go straight through chamber you will find two paths one to the left and one to the right..DO NOT GO TO THE RIGHT..we did it goes downward deeper to the point you can not breath...take the path to the left and its like a maze of tunnels...I found a campsite that was so old but looked like it was preserved very well..also markings all over the walls along with plenty of bat poo..anyway if you venture here becarefull Lat 33degrees 5'20.25degreesnorth Lon 87degrees3'8.89degreeswest this is very close approximate its been at least 30 years since I've been there

grobb28

Feb 20, 2013
Found a huge cave system in what is now a NWR...anyway it was amazing (1984 was the time I went)
the entrance is the size of a large tree stump hole..tight squeeze for about 50ft on a incline then opens to a
massive chamber..and I do mean massive...go straight through chamber you will find two paths one to the left and one to the right..DO NOT GO TO THE RIGHT..we did it goes downward deeper to the point you can not breath...take the path to the left and its like a maze of tunnels...I found a campsite that was so old but looked like it was preserved very well..also markings all over the walls along with plenty of bat poo..anyway if you venture here becarefull Lat 33degrees 5'20.25degreesnorth Lon 87degrees3'8.89degreeswest this is very close approximate its been at least 30 years since I've been there

Wow .. Interesting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread