Cave of gold bars

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a shadow Bull looking right at a Black Hat robe wearing dude's,cache. This photo is from google earth. You can find good spots from GE. I was at those spots, its there. Just like whats at this site. Lots to find there. View attachment 1494395

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackline if your still looking for the cave of gold bars,and you do find a cave or mine blocked or trapped. There's is usually another way in. They are marked in a certain way,you will have to look for it,but once you spot it,it will stand out to you. And if you keep hunting you will find others, that are marked that way. I think getting in that way will be easier and safer. Good Luck. And thats some great work you have done.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The gold bar in my previous post is said to have come from Harry LaFrance's cave. I have never seen one of the pictures that was taken, so I can't verifie its authenticity.

The story of seeing Harry, alone, in the mountains adds a little weight to my theory that he used the searchers to bird dog the area, without all the information needed to actually locate the cave. He got the information he needed and came back later.

That and five bucks might buy me an average cup of coffee.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That symbol with the radial lines..
kinda reminds me of this.....

perficiorock enl.png

...which of course...made me think of this....

CursumPerficio  - Copy.jpg

Nah.....couldn't be related

CursumPerficio translation B.png

probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

Hope all is well and you had a great Thanksgiving.

Now I don't believe much in coincidences, but isn't Harry's cave a little out of your area of interest?:dontknow::icon_scratch:???

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that all depends on where Harry's cave really was or is....assuming that it can be positively identified somehow.
That one of very similar description should exist in one of those areas I am interested in, and very close to where that first photo was taken, makes me think I should have gone in and checked to see if the wall inside the room at the end would move when pushed as I now understand the story went. Might be better to do that when the snakes are hibernating though. Was in there with a friend last May, and he crawled back to the room on his belly for a look. He went in to the room at the end, stood up and had a brief look around. Said there was another small passage leading out from the RH side. The floor is pretty flat and rock chips and dust is pretty thick on everything in there. The larger area at the entrance is definitely used by the javelinas. Another larger cave up above is as well. That one has an old fire pit and was where I found a small corn cob.
This is the passage at the back of outer cave.... DSCF1282 small passage.jpg
It would be about 20 ft. long, which also fits the description recently shared by Larry. Then drops down about a foot to the floor of the room at the back. I had to drag myself through on my belly too, even though I'm smaller in height and width than my friend, so I could see where one might pull themselves in by pushing back on the walls, before being able to stand erect in there. Lots of rat crap on the floor, so I wore a respirator.

Regards:Wayne

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the boulder at the back of the area where two or three people could take shelter from the sun or bad weather.
It's only when you look in using a flashlight, that you realize that hole goes back in a ways.

View attachment 1520619

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's something I had said I would give an update on this month.

veintop.jpg

We did get out for a looksee, and I climbed way up top for a hands on with my rock hammer.
Sorry to say, it ain't gold, so no change to my present financial status.
Probably a very fine grained yellow hydrothermal clay of some kind.
So maybe good for pottery.

TP down below.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this on Facebook this morning. It's either Larry Wandell's or Vince Emowitz's picture:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

i saw and read about it too, but cant remember where. i know they said something about the 5 dots and the crown on the left side. there were more pics from all black bars, but imo that wasnt find in the superstitions.

during my vacation in panama i saw an episode of pawn stars. in this episode was a book from 1546 with possible handnotes from isaac newton. there is the circle sign with the inner dot and it's meaning gold. thought its an intresting find.
the-book-of-isaac-newton.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
To Cactusjumper - do you recall the reason(s) why Harry LaFrance was in the Superstitions in the first place? I have forgotten, just curious and it is too much like work to hunt that up. Thanks in advance, hope you are well and Smoky is giving you a hard time! (haha)

Please do continue, sorry for the side track question amigos;
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PS Joe I tried to send you a PM but got a message saying your mail box is full?

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
To Cactusjumper - do you recall the reason(s) why Harry LaFrance was in the Superstitions in the first place? I have forgotten, just curious and it is too much like work to hunt that up. Thanks in advance, hope you are well and Smoky is giving you a hard time! (haha)

Please do continue, sorry for the side track question amigos;
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PS Joe I tried to send you a PM but got a message saying your mail box is full?

Roy,

Having spent most of today in bed, with Smokey curled up next to my leg, I feel much better now.

LaFrance was going into the range to help a friend work his claim. Believe the claim was up around Black Top Mt. or in Needle Canyon. I will take a look, as the Ward book is at hand.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy,

Having spent most of today in bed, with Smokey curled up next to my leg, I feel much better now.

LaFrance was going into the range to help a friend work his claim. Believe the claim was up around Black Top Mt. or in Needle Canyon. I will take a look, as the Ward book is at hand.

Take care,

Joe
Thanks Joe, sorry to hear that you were not doing well but glad that you are feeling better. No hurry to find that out about Harry LaFrance, I am honestly just curious about why he was there, which led to the discovery. It is funny sometimes that you can find something that you were not looking for, just working on something else. When ever you get around to it is soon enough for me.

PS I still think Smoky is a very good dog, you are lucky to have him.

Sorry for the side track amigos, please do continue.

:coffee2::coffee2:

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
i saw and read about it too, but cant remember where. i know they said something about the 5 dots and the crown on the left side. there were more pics from all black bars, but imo that wasnt find in the superstitions.

during my vacation in panama i saw an episode of pawn stars. in this episode was a book from 1546 with possible handnotes from isaac newton. there is the circle sign with the inner dot and it's meaning gold. thought its an intresting find.
View attachment 1520804

There's an old map somewhere on the David Rumsey site that has Gold as being a circle with a bunch of little scattered dots, but it's Italian. Many of the other symbols match your History Channel grab. They are classic alchemical symbols it seems. Treasure Symbols #2 ? LOST ADAMS GOLD Guess that's an 1850 map. Maybe the symbol for Gold changed since 1546?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

For anyone interested in Harry LaFrance's Cave of Gold Bars story, I have a very good recording of the interview that I, and my partners, did a number of years before Tracy Hawkins death. Tracy answered all of our questions and told us everything he could remember from his time with Harry. I have sent that CD to many, many Dutch Hunters. In all truth, I don't have a list of everyone I sent it to and can't remember the names.:icon_scratch: I don't charge anything for them and have no problem sending a copy to anyone who sends me their address in a private message or email. It's got information you can't find in any book that has been written to date. If anyone finds said cave of gold bars, I only ask that they send me a few bars for....door stops.:goldbar::goldbar:...:goldbar::goldbar:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe:
While on FB, checking out the photo of the gold bar that was posted, I also noted that Larry had a found a residence and a death record for a Harry France, which fit the circumstances of the story quite well. It also mentioned his existing heath problems as I recall. I saved the info to a notepad file, and will post it later.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wayne,

Larry Wandell sent me that information years ago. I still have it. On the other hand, I don't believe it to be
entirely factual. I know Ted DeGrazia was in touch with the "LaFrance Family" in 1976 and have the proof.

Believe there is a lot more to this story.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe:

Larry Wandell : re: Harry France

"Information received while visiting Fort Whipple VA Hospital in Prescott, Arizona. Harry Leslie France was born January 11, 1921 in the state of Ohio. Both his father and mother were born in Ohio. His father’s name was Homer Elson France; his mother was Sylvia Evelyn France (Dailey).
Harry was a WWII veteran and served from May 5, 1941-Jun 22, 1945. While in the service, Harry developed a duodenal ulcer. He also had a bronchial condition and Malaria, which were not service connected.
Harry Leslie France, according to the Social Security Death Index, died January 26 of 1974 he was 53 years of age. His residence at the time in Prescott was Box 785 Grand Ave Glendale, Arizona. SSN-295-12-6698 was issued-Ohio (before 1951).
Tracy said Harry was not in good health. He lived with me for six months at my place in Whitman."

What is it about the above quote that you believe to be not entirely factual ?
And what would DeGrazia's relationship to the "cave of gold bars" and Harry France be ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread