Cellar hole silver everyday so far this year!!!

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again today thanks to the warm trend.....Bezjo and I had a great time. Went to my new favorite site today which has produced some good stuff so far and was able to squeeze a 1896 barber dime out of her. John wanted to check out another site that I had located awhile back but hadn't had a chance to really get out and test out the ground yet so we took a small adventure. Some interesting relics at the site, full brass shotgun cartridge, some harmonica reeds, 2 wheat's (1923,1917) and a no date Indian Head which should clean up nice after a good soaking. Random brass parts, modern deer slug, an oil lamp thumb wheel and an iron ring. 2 days of 2011 and a silver everyday.....boy I hope the rest of the year turns out like this!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Good Luck everyone and Happy Hunting :)

Attachments

• 1211totals.jpg
    1211totals.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 1211site2coins.jpg
    1211site2coins.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 1211site1coins.jpg
    1211site1coins.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,009
Upvote 0

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
You're just a lucky one ! Silver every day so far ;)

Keep em comin ! :laughing9:

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your way to lucky lol nice job man

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
That Dime is in great shape!
Nice assortment of relics, I got one of those brass shells the other day,
Not as nice as yours, First I've heard of these,
Do you know the date range ??
Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bushido Dude

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the full brass shotgun shells are cool, a lot harder to find around here, and believe it or not they are still used today by enthusiasts! But generally speaking they were mainly used from the 1860s when brass shotgun cartridges were invented until about 1905 where most cartridges were then made out of paper/cardboard to save money, although still some people preferred the brass cartridges since the cardboard ones when they got wet would deteriorate. Plus brass could be reloaded which was another bonus to still using brass shells. And finally in the 1960's the plastic cartridge was introduced. I haven't been able to find out much on my shell as the headstamp is very vague... "Use Berdan Primer No.1 10A".......i'm going to keep looking to see if i can find approx date of manufacturing because like you I find it interesting. Also Check out this link if you find a lot of shotgun brass......I find it useful at times :) Good luck and Happy Hunting :)

http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are hot swing it in the cold !! This hobby can be streaky ! Have fun and keep the good silver karma up ! MaineRelic

Redneck315chick

Jan 13, 2010
Boonville, NY
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe if we made out or something then maybe i would be a lucky ass like you and find all the silver! haha im joking by the way... :icon_thumright:

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
babe ur funny lol but i got one down ur way man thought it was cool if i can read the head stamp well compare em see what we can find out

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice barber!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread