Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone care to elaborate on any hunts you've had here? Experiences? Do's or Don'ts? I keep going back to it on google earth....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best time is now through late winter.

as soon a spring arives it becomes a jungle

avoid areas that are mowed, smoking, caved in or have people buried on them.

other then that, good luck :tongue3:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jeff. I am still working on that old farmstead in Pitman and will see if you want to go if I can get to hunt the fields too. My buddy says his uncle tends the fields and is a bit odd, lol. Maybe after I do the yard and my buddy's parents ( they live in the old house ) see how much care I take to leave the site in as good or better than I found it, they will give me a good recommendation to the uncle. My buddy says his ancestors once owned the entire valley the farm sits in. He was also telling me about an old swimming spot on a creek nearby that someone had dammed up and diverted water to a little recreational area in the early part of the 20th century. Maybe you know that area too?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff. I am still working on that old farmstead in Pitman and will see if you want to go if I can get to hunt the fields too. My buddy says his uncle tends the fields and is a bit odd, lol. Maybe after I do the yard and my buddy's parents ( they live in the old house ) see how much care I take to leave the site in as good or better than I found it, they will give me a good recommendation to the uncle. My buddy says his ancestors once owned the entire valley the farm sits in. He was also telling me about an old swimming spot on a creek nearby that someone had dammed up and diverted water to a little recreational area in the early part of the 20th century. Maybe you know that area too?

No I'm not aware of a Swimming spot . Only spots I've hunted in that area Are a few former Picnic Groves,
But allot of the farms over there date to 1800.
and possibly a few older.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread