Cents and Nickels plus one 40% half and cool error Nickel with pic!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
OK,

We had to stick with mainly cents and nickels this week since my boxes of halves didn't come in. Should be next week. So here are the results:

Did two boxes of nickels:

One war nickel: 1944D (need 7 more to finish two rolls of war nickels in addition to the ones in our 1938-1962 book)

About 55 pre-1960 Jeffersons including some pretty good dates. Also got a second 1950 (got the one we needed for our book last week. Figures, don't see one for two years, then get two back to back). Still vexed by the 1955, that's all we lack for the set!

Got a really nice 1983 nickel with a cool die break/Cud on the rim right on top of Jefferson's head. Saw one that is just like it go for $12.50 on Ebay. Scanned it for you to check out. Already got it in a holder...

For cents we got one bag ($50) and only got 8 wheats with the oldest being a 1918. Got about 25% copper, and also got our second cent with Kennedy's outline stamped into the obverse of the cent. Pretty cool.

Finally, persistance pays off when I stopped by one of my local banks and asked for halves. The teller had $8.50, and I saw one silver edge. Got a 1968D, so happy about that too, with very few to dump!

HH to all ;D

Attachments

• Nickel Cud.jpg
    Nickel Cud.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice, clean pic. Congrats on your finds!

I also do cents and nickels "inbetween" the halves.

apush :read2:

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice error coin! THANKS for posting a picture

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread