Changes

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry forgot to answer first question. We have had numerous request for it over the last year....

If majority of CRH hunters don't like it, it is easy to delete sub-forums and posts will default back to main CRH forum. We are going to give it a try and see first...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It'll take getting used to but so far I like it-

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say in one week we make a poll on whether we like the sub form or not... What do you think? would that be a good idea? By the way, this is a suggestion, not a demand :-)
Sorry forgot to answer first question. We have had numerous request for it over the last year....

If majority of CRH hunters don't like it, it is easy to delete sub-forums and posts will default back to main CRH forum. We are going to give it a try and see first...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. I search everything. .. pennies nickels dimes quarters and half dollars, I don't want to look at 5 different sub-categories.

I think (think!) the reasoning behind this is to make things more manageable; within a single day sometimes, the thread at the top of the page, would move all the way to the next. Alot of posts were getting ignored, not to many replies to threads, and logs occupied a large portion of the page. Navigating through it has become a mess. I'd agree that a single category WAS better when the site had less activity, but now there's so many people posting so many things; its nearly impossible for someone to keep track of all of what's posted.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah, you can set your settings to have like 80 threads per page. I saw nothing wrong with the old tnet.
I think (think!) the reasoning behind this is to make things more manageable; within a single day sometimes, the thread at the top of the page, would move all the way to the next. Alot of posts were getting ignored, not to many replies to threads, and logs occupied a large portion of the page. Navigating through it has become a mess. I'd agree that a single category WAS better when the site had less activity, but now there's so many people posting so many things; its nearly impossible for someone to keep track of all of what's posted.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbs_up.gif

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
80 threads on one page, I wouldn't be able to keep up with it, you need to at least admit that having a separate section for logs is a good idea, Buff?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit, I like the seperate page for logs; however, sub-forums for pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollar coins seems a bit overwhelming to keep up with, afterall, not everybody wants to post a log. Also, the new sub-forum section is blocking off the sticky threads from easily being seen likely to cause many newbies to violate rules, plus due to all the sub forums, many won't scroll down to read the posts that are not submitted into sun-forums.

Do you agree?

80 threads on one page, I wouldn't be able to keep up with it, you need to at least admit that having a separate section for logs is a good idea, Buff?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the tnet app the stickeys are in the same spot as always. But I agree that if people post not in a sub category that post might not get read. Seems like a step in the right direction for most. I.e. logs, forigen. Maybe basic questions. Then the otherpart can just be about your finds and what not. Just my thoughts

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be in support of the following sub-units:

CRH Logs and a Basic Question log.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to think that would help a lot. Or what when a post is in said sub category it Also shows up in the below list like it used to? Just my thoughts. I leave the decision making to the mods. Happy hunting

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, give it some time people! It only went live today! I like it so far, because I can read a sub forum, and it will grey out that forum coin until someone new posts to it again. It will make it easier for me to enjoy it I believe.

My only suggestion would be like BBoy suggested if there is any way to get the stickied items at the top of the page. That way they stand out and maybe newer posters will see them and read them first.

Last edited:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

These logs only started in the past year or so (except for Cerulean). Cerulean only posted a couple times a year to his log so it wasn't a big deal. Quite frankly, the logs are quite useless. No one cares to navigate to page 20-something only to see that someone scrounged a 40%'er out of 6 boxes. Big deal. If people need to stroke their egos, I prefer they do that in private. Note none of us old-timers have the logs. It is the one way to differentiate ourselves from the greenhorns. [steps off soap-box]

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the logs. And what is the difference if people use a log to post finds or 30 different posts about how a box had a keeper and 9 were skunks?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also on a side note I am fairly new to this site half a year or so. Also I am not a.charter member. So I realize that I don't have much weight here. Just like to give the programers my thoughts to help make the site easier to search.

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't like to read logs (I do), then sub-forum works in your favor. You can skip right over them and get to the stuff you do want to read!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
And what is the difference if people use a log to post finds or 30 different posts about how a box had a keeper and 9 were skunks?

There is none. No one cares either way. People need to check their ego and decide whether the posts are worthwhile to share with the community.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sub forums are too much. I like it better having one active board than EIGHT not-very-active boards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions