Changing Rooms Silver

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Changing Rooms' Silver

G’day all,

We have recently moved to Western Australia out of economic necessity. The settlement we live in is really a hell for a relic-hunter. I mean, there is no history here whatsoever. The settlement was founded in the 1980's, and before that sand dunes had ruled the place. But even those heydays are over – the parks where back then there was some sort of social activity, are giving way to new housing estates. For a lack of something better, my detecting partner and myself went to a 'site' of changing rooms that were either pulled down or burnt out. The site is rubbished to the extreme. That’s probably the reason why it has not been detected out dead as all the other remaining parks in the vicinity. To pull out everything, one has to remove turf altogether which is not allowed. So we had no choice but cherry-picking our targets. The changing rooms brought us some change - about $ 100 in re-usable cash :D. We also found 4 silver items: a bangle marked 'St.Silver'; a tiny ring stamped '925' with a sapphire chip set inside; a wedding band, also 'St.Silver'. The back of it was molten (which supports the fire theory). A little thingy is an example of the local coin craft. Many people here used their silver currency for 'home-made' jewellery. Some examples are very nice but this particular one came after too many beers :laughing7:. At home we spotted some more 'findings' from that place – a couple of ticks on our arms and legs :(.

Attachments

• changingrooms001.jpg
    changingrooms001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 731
  • changingrooms002.jpg
    changingrooms002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0
Re: Changing Rooms' Silver

silver is always nice to find.

Looks like some decent finds......but being where there is no history has to be a bummer. How far would you
have to travel to get somewhere where there is some history? Also, any chance to do some gold detecting with your
machines? Some of the biggest chunks of gold in the world have been found in Australia with machines.
Whatever you do, I hope you get some good detecting time/and finds in..... :thumbsup: (By the way, if you are ever
going to be in Korea, let me know.......we have so many old old historical sites that can be detected, i.e. not on any
government list of "no detecting," that I will die with most of them still being undetected. I'd be proud to take you
up in the hills here, and find some Korean history. And, just so it seems like home,,,,,,,we got ticks, too..... :laughing7:

Great finds for a barren place :icon_thumleft: have you ever tried for meteorites ? a guy i know lives now in the outbacks he was from Sydney hes a relative of mine drives truck trains 10 at a time from coast to coast he told me that hes made more profit $$$ finding iron stones from space detecting during his cross country runs they range from penny size to one he found the size of a watermelon that weighed over 200lbs !! then gold nugget hunting it seems meteor,s are very abundant in Ausie and New Zealand most are right on the surface HH Jim, Cheers

Nice finds on the silver, the bracelet is real nice.

Very awsome silver.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Looks like some decent finds......but being where there is no history has to be a bummer. How far would you
have to travel to get somewhere where there is some history? Also, any chance to do some gold detecting with your
machines? Some of the biggest chunks of gold in the world have been found in Australia with machines.
Whatever you do, I hope you get some good detecting time/and finds in..... (By the way, if you are ever
going to be in Korea, let me know.......we have so many old old historical sites that can be detected, i.e. not on any
government list of "no detecting," that I will die with most of them still being undetected. I'd be proud to take you
up in the hills here, and find some Korean history. And, just so it seems like home,,,,,,,we got ticks, too.....

Thank u very much for your invitation, mate. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get out into the big world. South Korea sounds very interesting. I've seen on Antique Roadshow that some Korean artifacts are very rare. BTW, how your authorities treat people who have relics in their luggage? The distances here, in Western Australia, are just crazy. We were driving around 150 km from one part of Perth (the nearby city) to another. Some historic places/goldfields can be reached only by a long journey or by plane. Some of them are on the land under mining lease. As for the big chunks of gold, the state of Victoria is the best. As far as I know the gold there is also the purest.

Nice cherry picking.......Aren't those "bling" cherries?? :P :laughing7:

HH,
Moon

Great finds for a barren place have you ever tried for meteorites ? a guy i know lives now in the outbacks he was from Sydney hes a relative of mine drives truck trains 10 at a time from coast to coast he told me that hes made more profit $$$ finding iron stones from space detecting during his cross country runs they range from penny size to one he found the size of a watermelon that weighed over 200lbs !! then gold nugget hunting it seems meteor,s are very abundant in Ausie and New Zealand most are right on the surface HH Jim, Cheers

Good advice :icon_thumright: Have to do some research on it. In NZ a meteorite crashed thru the roof of a house in our suburb. Everyone stayed alive and made good $$$ of the godgift. God, why did you miss? It could be our house :laughing7:

Nice going on the silver. :icon_thumright:
Sucks to be so far away from the relics. Your right about long distances, lots of open land between places.

hi, nice silver for a no-whos place Congrats and thanks for sharing

t.p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back