Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lisa and I went back to her brother's home this morning and hunted for while. The temps are cooling down a bit, only hit 88 while we were there. :D Last time there I had found a neat button with a ship on it and I found another one today. The first one was in excellent shape, found in the back yard. This one was not nearly as fortunate. :P Found it in the front yard. How can there be such a big difference in just a short distance? :P

First hunt button...
100_8781.jpg

Today's hunt button....
100_9075.jpg

Anywho, ended up with some sort of a prayer token, some change, a leaf pendant, a really neat rock that's probably a leaveright..... but I took it anyway ;D and of course the bullet. ;)
100_9076.jpg

Well just as I was about to put up my puny post, Charlie comes in from work and tossed me a suprise! :o COOL!!! A marble!!
100_9085.jpg

Maybe he's been paying attention after all! :D Ya'll know I had to go into 'investigation' mode! :D Where'd ya find it! Can you show me on a map? Was is on the right of way? You think I could go there? How'd it get there!? :D He says it was on a telephone pedestal. ??? On the side of the road. In the country. Newly buried cable. Fresh dirt everywhere! ;D
I gotta go find that spot! :D

Had fun today! :) Nana

OH and a PS....if you think you wanna go to the Chisholm Trail hunt, hurry and get your name in!!!

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
Very nice variety. Love that old marble. Where's Duffytrash at to ID it?
I hate to ask this stupid question, but...... is a "leaveright" something you leave right where you found it?
Congrats,
MM

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie give me my marble back. Nana Charlie has my marble. Well, I like your finds anyway.
Burdie

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;) That's it, MM. ;D I learned that term from a very successful Indian artifact hunter here on Tnet! ;) Right, Snoopy?! ;D Most of my artifact rock finds are leaverights. :P :D

Burdie! :D

It's a button, Dixie. I don't think they are extremely old, but they are different. They have no writing on the back.

Nana :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Neat finds.... was that an old fishing weight?
Rd

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
HOSSNV said:
Nice work Nana ! Our low last night was 88° LOL! Hoss

up until the last couple days that was our low every night....highs in the low 100s for just about 3 weeks lol.....comparatively the last few days has been down right awesome temp wise lol

awesome finds Nana .... i found a pretty cool button the other day also..posted it today....you and DiggerBug come on up here and hunt with me sometime

HH
Marty

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Well I'm going to try and post here.Had to wait 6min for the msg box to come up.I have satelite trouble tonight.My system(Wildblue) says it's because they are having weather problems in Syracuse,NY - I live in the Ozarks!Go figure.Anyway,Nana you just keep getting better with that MXT.WTG! Great finds.Are you sure Charlie doesn't have a detector hidden in his car trunk?A marble on top of a telephone pedestal - Right!I check all of those as I go by at 70mph.But it is a good lookin' marble.Again,great finds.I'll have to try and find a way to trick that MXT at the CTH,so I can at least find one item.Maybe you'll let me supply batteries for you at the hunt?Can't do that,Steve and I think you are going to do great at the hunt.Competition gonna be tough though!I haven't even practiced in two months and I'm gonna use a machine I haven't even used before,but watch out!'bout an hr and a half is my limit then I'll join the A$$ circle.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to Charlie!

He'll soon be detecting so much he'll have to retire and Nana you'll have to work full time! ::)

Is Badger bein bad?

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Great finds Nana! What is that coin with the Queen on it? Like that leaf thingy. Good hunt. It was only in the 70's today here in Michigan and tomorrow will have a high of 79...what a relief from the 90's of the last month or two!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Love the finds Nana. Looks like you had a really great day. :)
What a story they tell--an English ship sunk in the middle of 'Bama. LOL

The rock is the ship's ballast stone, the coin show's it's English, the prayer medallion is from the ship's chaplin, the bullet is from the Captain's pistol quelling a mutiny, looks like a tiny ship's bell from the officer's mess, and the buttons are from the Captain's jacket.

If you go back, you might find the rest of the ship and the captain's safe. LOL As for the above story, you can tell I lost my marbles and it looks like Charlie found one of them. ;D

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll!

Me too Ty! ;)

RD....I thought that's what it was. Looks like it anyhow.

Cooler weather is coming Marty!! I'll get there soon! Save me something to find!! :D

WSDaddy...He said he saw it while working there. If I find out he's cheatin' on me, I'll get him! :D

Badger....BITE YER TONGUE!!!! :P :D

Prober...It is. It's an English coin from the 70's. :)

Stoney...What a great imagination you have! :D Why didn't I think of that!!! I gotta go back!!! :D OH..and I'll make Charlie return your marble to ya in October. ;)

Ya'll have a safe and fun holiday weekend!!! Find something good!!

Nana :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
So...who is Charlie? I thought I read everything this time... ::)

What I like is the cow tag. At least that is what I think they are. Neither Nate, I or any of my hunting partners have found one.

BTW - the marble is very cool. :)

Bob

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nice finds, Nana ;)
I like the praying hands token.
The stones in the leaf pendant look like peridot and blue topaz.
Be well :)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Mirage - you evidently have not kept up with the tnet members hunt(s).
Who is Charlie? First go back to JD's Missouri hunt threads last Oct.Then check the A$$ threads.And then,check out the Chisholm Trail threads and calling all A$$es.Charlie's the one that 'bags' everything!(he's Nana's hubby,also)

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Nana,

Nice variety of treasure you have there. I like finding stuff like you found. The religious token is really cool as is the pinback and button. Congrats on a super day and I wish you luck locating and hunting the marble site.

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread