Chase charging for dumping :(

Durendal

Greenie
May 14, 2011
So went to my local dump bank today and after they started pouring my coins into the counter a separate teller came up to me saying that they were going to have to start charging me for coin counting, 10 cents a roll. Stated that they need to pay Garda to take the coins away so the managers decided to start charging non-business customers for coin services too. A little frustrating since I didn't think 2 boxes of halves a week was much to dump.

Anyone else have a similar experience with chase? Trying to figure out if this is a new corporate wide policy or just something this branch is doing. Who knows maybe they're just sick of me bringing in a bucket of halves each week and are trying to scare me off :P

Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0
It's the same everywhere.
Garda, Brinks and Loomis are killing our hobby with their fees.

The name of the game is to find a bank that will not single YOU out as the cause of their red ink.

Keep on Rollin' !

You don't say where you are but so far that has not been the case out here in Arizona where I live. I use Chase exclusively as my dump bank. I split my boxes up with three branches here, but also bring in goodies to the tellers every so often too. That may help??

They are trying to scare you.

Just have a simple conversation with the manager that you know they cannot charge you business account fees on personnel accounts.

If they press the issue and insist they can ask him to show you where in Chase's account policy that they can charge personnel accounts business fees. One of my BofA's tried to do this, even highlighting the pamphlet, I flipped it over and said, "this is the business account fees, nice try!" and laughed in their face. I said I already know you can't do that and if you try to I will file a complaint to the OCC. The next time I went in their she said, "Don't worry, you are right, no fees for you ordering!"

Branch managers like to keep their costs down, but the thing like to keep down even more than that is formal complaints against them by customers through the OCC.

Keep your conversation civil and just state the facts that they cant charge you business fees and it is not your problem that running a business has costs associated with it. Also keep in mind they (not the branch manager, but Chase has auditors that will review accounts, especially new accounts for loss prevention, they closed one of mine) and can close your account at any time, for any reason, without warning, basically its like an "at will relationship" as most salary jobs are nowdays.

Hope you can resolve it peacefully!

Doesn't Chase charge a fee for air while you are in their bank?

I have never paid a fee, for picking up or for dumping. In fact, I usually do about 6-12 boxes of halves per week, and I primarily dump them all with Chase....

If they hit you up with fees like that, there is a reason... In my expirience, there is always a solution. What I do when something like that happens, is I ask them, is there a different way for me to cash these coins in without getting charged a fee? I have never had anyone say "NO"... Just gotta ask.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I'm in the Chicago area and we have tons of chase branches around here, think I'll go to a different branch and see if they mention anything about fees or not. I figured 2 boxes of halves a week wouldn't be something they'd notice, maybe there are some more CHRs out there dumping at this same branch.

They made it sound like they weren't going to charge me specifically business fees, rather that they'd charge coin service fees to personal account holders similar to how they charge business accounts for coin services.

I'm not sure how some of you guys are doing a dozen boxes of halves a week, makes me want to up the volume!

Happy hunting and keep stacking guys :)

could try paying a chase mortgage or credit card with halves as they might not be allowed to charge a fee for that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back