chatty MXT

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I have been having a problem with my MXT of late. In the am when the ground and grass are wet, the noise is terrible after the coil gets wet. I changed coils today while it was happening but it changed little....however, I did manage to find a very, very, very large 925 siver ring and a we child's october birthstone 925 siver ring. I also found some clad....it was a sterling day even with the chatty probs....Both rings came in as twist tops. The child's ring was a solid 74 VDI and the man's ring was a solid 94 VDI.

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Jim hope you get this chatter fixed. You need to chech out my finds under slim pickings......Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg on the rings

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Tank69 said:

Thanks. It surprised me that they came in the same as a twist top. Normally, I would have passed them up but the VDI was consistant. :icon_sunny:

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
arizonaames said:
Tank69 said:

Thanks. It surprised me that they came in the same as a twist top. Normally, I would have passed them up but the VDI was consistant. :icon_sunny:

Some silver rings come in as silver, but most are
trash tones, especially if they are deep.

Gold rings are even worse.

Just keep on passing um by. Maybe I will have a
chance to get my 12th gold ring this year.

Have no idea how many silver ones I have upped.

The MXT is a noisey thang.

Happntin,

Tabdog

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem with mine at the beach in wet sand , I switched back to the stock 950 coil on the beach and lowered the gain and as long as I stayed in dry sand I didnt have a problem ,the big thing was ground balancing properly prior to cranking up the gain alittle . I could run at a + 1 . I just recently baught a minielab e-xterra 705 and I have to say it loves the sandy soil's I was very impressed that I could run it with the gain at 28 and just as quit as can be with great depth and signal responce and great finds so far with it ... im getting ready to try some new coils with it and try it 18.75 and see what it does ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread