Check out this letter to a liberal professor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Totally, completely and utterly disgusting profs.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I heard about this today on the radio... Sick world we live in...

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And people ask me why we didn't have kids! This sure isn't the academia that I taught in the 70's!.......Gary

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
I heard about it from El Rushbo. Mind boggling.:BangHead:

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
In school I almost always opposed the lib teachers, and wonder what it is like today. Makes me sad.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liberal professors have always been a presence on University Campus's, but now they are far more prevalent. Once they reach tenure, they are there for as long as they want. Where we use to teach skills and professional careers, now they teach ideas, and theory's, that mean nothing. Wonder why students are so worried about their debt load, and then figure out who will hire them with the fine education that their money has bought.
at least there are still those who choose a career field that we need, i.e., engineering, medicine etc.
all is not yet lost, but time is slipping away....

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Brain washing to the max! I'm so thankfull that my Dad taught me to think for my self.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Someone will just move the discussion in another direction. And ignore the fact that the education in America is full of libs with an agenda.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, you want it(the system) changed? Pressure the legislature of your state to do so. Tenure is a much abused device in the university system. Done to ensure academic freedom, but judging from the letter it has gotten out of hand. But liberalism can easily be replaced by book burning heathens that long for the good old days that never existed and preach hate and mistrust of anything they don't agree with. Oh well, since I retired and then came back and don't have tenure anymore, I guess I might do middle of the road this semester in my classes. I do have a question though. Other than GMD52, did any of you guys go past 8th grade? As for all that disgusting crap that was done at seminars at those colleges, I'm guessing that most of those students showed up of their own free will. Those would be someone's sons and daughters who maybe were not raised as well as one would hope. Now, who do we blame? Me, you, them, maybe everyone?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in 1960 I was just out of the Navy and going to college on the GI Bill. Political Science (Poly Sci) was required. Please keep in mind that I had been hired 4 years before by my government to kill communists, should an officer above me give the order to do so. I didn't get along with that prof, I suggested he stuff his ideas where the sun didn't shine, flunked the course, and naturally didn't graduate from college. Oh well, I never looked back, and have not missed a minutes sleep over it, I've had a good life, and I'd still tell that communist s o b to stuff if I had the chance.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Did I pass 8th grade? &*^&*^you!

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Furthermore I was not even born when the damn hippies were declaring that God was dead and the constitution was outdated. The majority of teachers are libs pure and simple. They are helping in the destruction of America. Keep your insults to your self, dude.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey, you want it(the system) changed? Pressure the legislature of your state to do so. Tenure is a much abused device in the university system. Done to ensure academic freedom, but judging from the letter it has gotten out of hand. But liberalism can easily be replaced by book burning heathens that long for the good old days that never existed and preach hate and mistrust of anything they don't agree with. Oh well, since I retired and then came back and don't have tenure anymore, I guess I might do middle of the road this semester in my classes. I do have a question though. Other than GMD52, did any of you guys go past 8th grade? As for all that disgusting crap that was done at seminars at those colleges, I'm guessing that most of those students showed up of their own free will. Those would be someone's sons and daughters who maybe were not raised as well as one would hope. Now, who do we blame? Me, you, them, maybe everyone?

I graduated, and by the sounds of your post have a lot more common sense than you...Up yours!!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And we wonder why Miley Cyrus gets on stage with her vile antics and people call it entertainment.This country is going to hell in a hand basket and the teachers and professors aren't helping at all.Oh wait,there is no heaven or hell.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And we wonder why Miley Cyrus gets on stage with her vile antics and people call it entertainment.This country is going to hell in a hand basket and the teachers and professors aren't helping at all.Oh wait,there is no heaven or hell.

Well stated Coily!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Furthermore I was not even born when the damn hippies were declaring that God was dead and the constitution was outdated. The majority of teachers are libs pure and simple. They are helping in the destruction of America. Keep your insults to your self, dude.

He spews insults because of lack of intelligence, as well as a higher than all mentality...
Austin, might I suggest you read a book? An older book, perhaps you have heard of it? How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

A little harsh, but...

As a teacher, I think you have a right to defend your profession.

The others in this thread are treating teachers like they are the enemy and that they do nothing but promote evil.

Dont like what austin said? Then dont put him on the defensive! Dont dish it if you cant take it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

WHAT does one have to do with the other?

Granted, I watched her performance and also found it to be distasteful. But to somehow imply that people like her exist because of teachers and professors is just rediculous and quite frankly, a bit unfair. I am getting tired of the judgement that you guys constantly pass around with broad generalizations (ie. against teachers, professors, liberals, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread