check under old clothes lines

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
hey y'all i just wanted to remind everyone to check under old clothes lines if you can find them...... i have found some pretty good stuff there..... people would was their clothes sometimes with change in the pockets...... just like we all still do...but when they would hang them out the money sometimes fell out to be found by a detectorist in the future...... just a little hint that may help

good luck
Marty

let us hear about some of your clothes line finds

Upvote 0
A

agbonanza

I check under all old clotheslines as I find them, but so far all clad...one day my luck will change...HH

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Yep, yep, this is one mantra I have always practiced.

For anyone who doesn't know what to look for, watch for 'T'-shaped metal poles in the yard. Many times one will be gone, but all around those are often hot spots.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
This is a good tip. I did it this summer and found some coins.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Many years ago I detected my back yard and found the old clothesline poles cut off in the concrete about 4 inches down. I also found a couple of wheat pennies too.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
There is a place here in Chattanooga where there were a lot of clothes lines at a place that was going to be demolished. I went there to ask for permission to metal detect and was told in unfriendly terms to leave the premises and "tell your buddies that we do not want them here".

Boy, I hate to ask for permission to metal detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread