ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my wife out to dinner at a restaurant and paid cash. I needed change for a tip. It was hard to believe but nobody had change. I wasn’t going to leave a $20 tip and had to apologize to the waitress for not leaving one. I felt bad but not $20 bad. Even restaurants aren’t using cash anymore.
Yep... they are ready for only one form of payment.
Brilliant. :/
Real master minds of business. heh

Hope no power outage or downed pole or wire or system.... not to mention the other numerous possible problems that can and do happen.

Hmmm i thought the idea in life was to get smarter and better ... you know... Advance... ? ? ?
Adding forms of payment was the original idea was it not ? ? ?

Boy if you ever wanted to set up an economic infrastructure up like bowling pins we are on the right track.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what can go wrong with a cashless society. I used to have most of my money in Ally bank, which is an online bank with no physical banks you can visit. They were hacked last year and I had 4 bogus charges on my account. I contested them and they were eventually removed after about a week. No problem, right? Wrong! They cancelled my debit card because the scammers got the card number and other info when they hacked the bank. I didn't sweat it, since banks usually send you a replacement card in less than a week. A week went by and no card! I contacted them and they said "Oh, you want another debit card?" DUH! Yes, I need a card, since you guys don't have any physical banks I can go into to withdraw money! Took them another two weeks to send me the card! Bottom line, my money was tied up for three weeks and I had to hit my brother up for a loan to buy food and pay for gas! Cashless society? No way!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what can go wrong with a cashless society. I used to have most of my money in Ally bank, which is an online bank with no physical banks you can visit. They were hacked last year and I had 4 bogus charges on my account. I contested them and they were eventually removed after about a week. No problem, right? Wrong! They cancelled my debit card because the scammers got the card number and other info when they hacked the bank. I didn't sweat it, since banks usually send you a replacement card in less than a week. A week went by and no card! I contacted them and they said "Oh, you want another debit card?" DUH! Yes, I need a card, since you guys don't have any physical banks I can go into to withdraw money! Took them another two weeks to send me the card! Bottom line, my money was tied up for three weeks and I had to hit my brother up for a loan to buy food and pay for gas! Cashless society? No way!
And this is just the tip of that iceberg... and this will become more commonplace and more problematic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread