Cherokkee march the "Trail of Tears"

StarrWulf

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2011
Re: Cherokkee march the "Trail of Tears"

AU24K said:
My take on the Cherokee People's "Trail of Tears" is that Jackson betrayed his friends, gold was found in North Georgia and the Government was keen on "takeover." (Hmmmm....sound familiar?)

"The Indians are savages! They do not deserve the land! We'll "relocate" them and profit from their loss!"
"Let's have a land lottery!" :BangHead:

I am ashamed to be a possible descendant of those who implemented this policy. :crybaby2:
(However, Maternally, I'm related to Daniel Boone, a Friend to all People, and Paternally, well, that doesn't happen until at least 100 years later and comes from Germany...)

From what I remember of Boone, he wasnt as much of a friend as his ledgend makes him out to be. His settlement in kentucky was in violation of the treaties of the time.. and even after that, he got to be so anti-social he kept moving west... you were too close if he could see the smoke from your chimney >:(

As for the government, Jackson was a states-rights type and tried to stay out of the state's issues (though it didnt help matters he hated the leader of the cherokees... :angry4: ) anyway... you have to remember, georgia started off as a penal coloney :whip2: so one really cannot expect too much from that area. :help: makes one wonder if the cherokees had went in and mined the gold themselves instead of sitting on it, if they could have bought a different outcome :evil5: .... in those days, real money was either silver or gold (instead of the make believe we have today) ... the sad thing is people havent changed.. just watch tv at those who loot when anything happens and its the same thing all over again....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions