Cherry Pickin Teller?

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Cherry Pickin' Teller?

Stopped by a BoA today on an urge to look for halves. The teller said she had some, and I told her I'd take a hundred dollars worth. She proceeded to go into the vault, but didn't come back out for what seemed like almost five minutes. I don't often search halves, but I want to start getting into them. So, I was pretty excited to look through the 200 halves when I got home.

Came home and opened a roll... that's strange, these are all 1972's facing the same direction. Opened another that was all bicentennials facing the same direction... no, could it be? They were all wrapped in yellow N.F. string rolls, but it dawned on me that each had been opened on one side and rewrapped. Withing nothing else to lose, I opened another roll that was all 1974's facing the same direction.

Well, there's no way they'd come like this from a company like Loomis, and yeah, one of the rolls had even been sliced open the long way with a razor and taped back up. So, I was pretty mad >:(. The way it is, I imagine it was one of the tellers, nobody here dumps them back to the banks in the rolls they came in, right?

Oh well, I still have my first box of halves on the way for later this week... at a different bank. I don't think I'll be taking any machine wrapped rolls opened on one end anymore...

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Cherry Pickin' Teller?

MauserMan said:
nobody here dumps them back to the banks in the rolls they came in, right?

Wrong, some posters here in the past said they return their dumps in original wrappers. I think it should be one of the coin roll hunting commandments to not return dumps in original wrappers.

I have seen locally where a CRHer returned a whole box with rolls he/she searched. I didn't know better at the time and took the box with the broken tape. I have never seen a sealed box with returned, re rolled halves, but some posters here have said they had I think.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I sliced open NF String rolls lenthwise for the first time ever. They then went back to my CU in the original boxes. Not a problem, because the tellers have to unwrap each roll and dump in a bag loose to be shipped out.
I don't think the teller did the damage to your rolls, her job is a stake. ffd

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Mauser Man,
Looks like you got someone else's "dump". Tellers won't
open corporate shotgun rolls. Many CRHers get boxes and
open one end to slide them out. They then put the coins
right back in the roll and fold down one end. They then
return them to their dump bank that way. I see it all the
time where I am. Have also gotten sealed boxes with one
end of the roll opened and folded back down. The company
the provides the boxes are getting lazy to open and re-roll
them.
rileyboy

OP
OP
MauserMan

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv

Ah, I stand corrected. I was planning on dumping mine in a machine, but maybe it would just be easier to re-wrap them. Assuming the machine bags probably need to be changed every $100 or so... Guess I better read the commandments again. Maybe I'll bump it for others.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just a note...I think the bags get changed every $1,000 from my experiences.
My partner went to a bank the other day and saw 4 silver halves in the teller's drawer. When she asked for them the teller said he was keeping them for himself. Some tellers are scoring out there.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

on the subject of bags it varies from machine to machine . I have seen different amounts even with the same machine in different banks. My TDs usually take 100, my credit union takes 800 , still dont know about Peoples or Hudson City.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

On the subject of re wrappin fed roles. I have found a few silvers in rewrapped rolls. I like [really hate] seein rewrapped roles cause now i know for sure its a dump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread