Cherry picking teller wins my banner

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
So, everyone who cannot stand cherry picking tellers (the ones who do it in front of you) should not read this.

I'm in a local dump branch depositing 1k of dimes and a small bag of halves garnered while cold calling. I finish the dimes and start dumping the halves and the first half in trips the bag. That one always gets me laughing because it lets me know someone else been dumping (as it has happened multiple times at this branch). The cute little teller that changed the dime bag and cleared a couple of jams is replaced by one of the office guys. He walked by me earlier and made idle chit chat. He remarks saying that this is their favorite bag. I ask him why and he takes a second and replies it is always variable because it takes $1 and .50s. After he gets done replacing the full bag he puts the one on a nearby counter and reaches in and STARTS PULLING OUT COINS!!!! I’m thinking "holy cr@p, he is not going to... Sure enough he pulls out a 68; thwacking it on the counter and proudly announcing it to me. Suspending my utter disbelief and shock (and wanting to show off) I said to him as he’s reaching into the bag “the next one you’re going to pull is a 90%. I heard it”. Sure enough, the next one he pulls is a 64. My vitriol starting to rise I walk away to process my transaction. He walked into one of the other offices to show one of his office dwelling coworkers and I am thinking to myself "this is what your boss pays you to do"?

Anyway, what would you do? I am leaning towards reporting him. Not because I am a greedy coin hunter, but that had to be the most unprofessional display I have seen by a bank employee. He removed coins from a bag and as far a I could tell did not replace them (Isn't that theft?). So there actually may be proof to my story should I report him. Thoughts?

G

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who say dont report it let me ask you this- yes we dont know if he replaced it but we also dont know if he didnt- I see it this way- its a possible wrong and a possible theft- if you saw something out of place anywhere else, like a possible shoplifting or someone snooping around your neighborhood or anything else would you not report it? Its when the good people that see bad things happening and dont say anything that the evil/bad people will take over-
This has nothing to do with the teller being a sniper of the ag but seeing a possible theft and standing up for whats right and saying something- will it suck if the guy lises his job? Yes but if he is stealing then he should lose his job-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

coinhunter2013

Aug 4, 2013
In that case I would report it, if I felt it was a matter of theft or something that could harm someone else. It's only speculation he stole it though so if if I did say something I would tread lightly and no even use language such as "stealing or theft". I would try and find a different way to approach it to not falsely accuse him.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case I would report it, if I felt it was a matter of theft or something that could harm someone else. It's only speculation he stole it though so if if I did say something I would tread lightly and no even use language such as "stealing or theft". I would try and find a different way to approach it to not falsely accuse him.

Exactly- my first post I stated I would ask the manager about their policy on tellers taking coins out of the bags before being sealed and not mention any names, if its not against policy then id leave it alone but if it is im sure the manager will inquire more

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
An occasional snipe is to be expected. Punking you out with it is rude and deserves retribution!
Get a few fake Morgan dollars- when a teller snipes AND punks you- say - "Oh you like silver- I hunt errors and other stuff but come across silver occasionally- you want to buy the Morgan I found earlier today- $15.00 ought to be fair..." The next time in the bank- you can tell them- "hey, remember that morgan- might better check it out- I found a fake one yesterday- and don't remember checking that one."
PEACE- by force if necessary!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread