Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavymetalnut (dave) brought me to a couple sites that he knows of. ALOT of targets, but the deep snow probally affected alot of them. The first site I dug a flat button (the one on the left, common wreath style) and a 1926 wheatie (not pictured). And this suspender clip. The second site seemed to be alot earlier of a homestead, ALOT of targets here as well...BUT DEEP SNOW!....By now i'm getting a bit frustrated with my DFX, I"m having a bit of difficulty getting used to it. Pinpointing with it is alot different than what i"m used to. About an HR into the second site I dig the smallest little shoe buckle I"ve ever seen. Possibly a childs buckle I imagine. That buckle made my day. Today I went to a local site just down the road, I spent a couple hrs and dug twice. My first target was this gilted button, I mangled it. The ground here is like concrete. I spent every bit of 30 minutes digging 6 inches. And in the process I nicked the button and broke off the shank (which was completely upright). I was scared for a while, I thought I damaged a 1812 button, but after cleaning it ends up being another common "gilt". Today I also dug a 1890 IH (center of the shoebuckle) Another victim. I badly nicked the reverse of this coin. Again, the digging at THIS site is next to impossible. All in all I had a good couple of hunts. Also not pictured is the VERY MANY ox shoes I constantly dig, nails, and scrap peices of trash.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome finds jess! love that tiny little boys shoe buckle! always a pleasure to hunt with you.i bet that site gives up a few more goodies where ya found the buckle

terryinr.i.

Mar 31, 2009
R.I.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace250. Tasoro Vaquaro.
i know it's hard not to Sniffy, but would'nt it suck it you smashed up a good one digging in that cement. i hate it when i get a great hit and cant hardly scratch the ground. i have a few spots were i will be back to when the ground thaws some. thats a really nice little buckle.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IH might clean up nice.. nice finds.. MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread