Chinese dynimite?

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
Hey guys I was wondering have you ever heard of chinese dynimite, some stuff you put in holes after you drill a hole in a rock and it expands or something crackin the rock in half?, could have some neat used in our line of work, anyone know its real name or a link to a site that sells it? I cant find any info on it? ???

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Ya tammahawk, I have heard of it, a number of years ago, but dont know the real name for it. You cannot expect to drill a 1 inch hole in a 10 ton boulder and see it crack open. I understand that if you pour the stuff in a fairly large hole or crack it will expand enough to bust the thing apart.

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
I saw it mentioned in a post some time ago, I will look around and see what I can come up with for you.

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
I found a link to something that I hink is what you are asking about its called Bristar, you should be able to google it and find out whatever you want to know about. Bristar Non-Explosive Demolition is the best search term to use I suppose.

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
Tammahawk, more info, I remember that the stuff is or was carried by Bristar Distributors and I think maybe the name of the stuff is Bristar. Dont know how much the stuff is or how much you have to buy or if they still have it. Bob

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Also can be found under the name of dexpan, I found a price of $99 and some change for a case of 4 eleven pound bags somewhere, again just google it.

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
I have used dexpan. In the right circumstances it still is a bit disappointing. To tempermental. I think you would like the micoblaster better. www.micro-blaster.com/index.htm You don't even need a permit or anything. I have used it a lot. It is small but it has some real kick.

Email me if I can help. I have some experience in this area.

Good Luck

A

archerusa

For Chinese Dynamite or "DEXPAN" go to www.archerusa.com They are the manufacturer of the product. It is being sold in rental shops around the USA, Canada, and the UK. Check the "contact us" tab for the Distributor list. It is a great concept/idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread