camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today after all the family left and everything was cleaned up I told my wife I was going to some local home-sites. I went to a home-site just a block from my house at first. While hunting a woman came out a told me she has lived there for over 45 years and all the dirt was hauled away, :( so off I went to another home-site I had detected earlier this year. I had hit the area around the house pretty hard earlier this year so I decided to go over to the old barn location. Boy was that a great ideal. I was using my 1050 coil on my Explorer SE today. About 10 minutes into the hunt I got a 03 29 hit @ 5" (1944 Mercury Dime). 8) The next hit was two wheats in one hole (1919 D & 1947D). Then as I was swinging around a old concrete watering trough I got a nice silver sound of 00 29 @ 6" (1903 Barber Quarter) . :hello2: This is my happy dance. After settling down a bit I started around the old pump house door way. I then got another silver hit of 03 28 @ 8" (1919 D Mercury Dime). After swinging around the pump house awhile I ended up with two more wheats (1945 & 1919). As it was getting dark and colder so I decided to check next to a fence post that I thought might have been the gate of pasture area. I again got a nice silver signal of 03 29 @ 6" (1962 D Rosie Dime). So enjoy post and thanks for looking.

Sorry I just got a new scanner and I have to learn it.

Attachments

• File0012 (540 x 711).jpg
    File0012 (540 x 711).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 788
Upvote 0
OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
sounds like that was a great hunt!!! I am pretty amazed at all of the silver in one day! Glad that lady told you to go away when she did! You would have been hunting all day and have gotten nothing. Well good job on the silver!!! ;D

Thanks DF. Yes DF. If she had not told me when they tore the old house down, they also hauled away a lot of the topsoil. I would have been there awhile for nothing.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woody50 said:
Great finds and the story that goes with them is even better!

Thanks woody50. Have a great New Year. HH

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
And a VERY Merry Christmas to you. Nice silver sniffing.
WTG, Mike in NJ

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks G and Mike95inNJ.

P

Pentico

Now that is a Merry Christmas day!
I am glad you got out, enjoyed your finds... :thumbsup:

Denver

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Bruce.

I'm jealous - We've got 18" of snow on the ground. I finally got out of the house for a while today, but it will be middle of next week before I can even think of hunting.

Lloyd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread