MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone, :hello:

First let me wish you all a Merry Christmas... :icon_santa: (past) and a Happy New Year to come!! :occasion18: I hope you all had/have a merry time. :tongue3: :laughing9:

On with the story... :icon_scratch: So all vacation long I was telling my family I'm going to find gold on the ground during the shopping rush. :tongue3: I kept saying it and people kept telling me no I'm not. So during shopping I found some costume stuff but nothing real. So I was kinda bummed... :dontknow: After Christmas I was in Wal-mart we were going to check out in self check out but we changed our minds and went back the other way to the cashier. I looked down and spotted a gold chain. :o I really hoped it was real and as I was sticking it in my pocket I noticed a mark. :notworthy: I was still very nervous and wanted to make sure it was real. I took it out and looked at the clasp it was clearly broken... :o It has the markings AU .925 1/15 14K at first I'm asking family member what they mean. :icon_scratch: We said 3% gold but they don't make that, we said gold plated silver but that's rare. :dontknow: So we did some research and the best we could tell was the 1/15 had to do with Diamonds and we knew the .925 was silver but have not Idea what the AU is. If anyone knows please tell us? So the best we could tell was it had a .925 pendant with Diamonds on a 14k gold chain. :icon_thumleft: If I spent just a short time looking around I could have found Diamonds too but I was to freaked out to think to look for more broken parts. :dontknow: Next time I know I should now.... :headbang:

After I found that I turned around and noticed a bank in the shopping center. :o I asked a teller if she had any half's she said no. :( Asked the next teller she said no, >:( the next after that had some. :hello2: I asked to see them she hands me one clad one. ??? I asked to see some more cause one looked like a solid edge. :o She only handed me one at I time :'( till I said I'll take them all. :BangHead: From six of them 3 were 40% Silver :o and found gold in wal-mart... :o :notworthy: :headbang:

Using the Secret to life worked well this year. Think about something hard enough and it will in most cases become real. :hello2: :laughing7: :D

God bless, Happy new year !! :icon_sunny: :occasion18:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

Attachments

• NC1 002.jpg
    NC1 002.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,688
  • NC1 003.jpg
    NC1 003.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2,063
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on the great chat room :o in this awesome forum told :headbang: me that the 1/15 is for 1/15 of an ounce of gold overlay on a silver chain. :tongue3: So I guess no diamonds, oh well maybe next year... :icon_scratch:

Still 2 grams of gold and 4 grams of silver is good. :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :headbang:

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, :hello:

We figured out on chat its about $72.88 in Melt and it is for sale. :o :headbang: :icon_thumleft:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I am not 100% positive in this case based on the marking. But I believe that the 1/15 14k means that 1/15 of the total weight of the item is bonded with 14k gold. Normally you would see it marked 1/20 14k GF. So since you said the item weighs 6 grams, that means that you have .4 grams of 14k gold, or .2333 grams of actual gold.

You could probably only sell it as scrap silver.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is so lame... >:( :-\

I wish I just found a .925 chain... :icon_scratch: First I thought it was 14k gold $120. Then I thought it was a 2g heavy plate $72.88 Now it is just a silver chain with gold plate worth $9. :tongue3: I would have been much happier if I knew it was just silver the whole time. :-\ Not thinking it was gold first. What a disappointment, :crybaby2: Oh well what should expect I found it at wal-mart. :laughing9:

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
Great find :headbang: I found a $50 bill flying across a parking lot one day.
HH
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread