Cibola vrs. Outlaw

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do these machines compare as far as depth, disc., accuracy....etc. I know they are around the same weight(very light) and that the outlaw comes with 3 coils, but i will be using this in feilds with little trash and deep targets so the smaller coils wont be used much and the price diff. kinda evens that out anyway. I kinda like the cibola but is the outlaw a better machine in anyway? All opinions are welcome......just lookin for a 2nd detector that is lighter than my ATP for open areas that i will be doing alot of swinging.....thanks.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in mild to moderate ground the Cibola is probably the deeper machine, but if you encounter areas of more severe or different mineralization it is better to have the manual ground balance of the Outlaw. The Outlaw's 3 coil deal is hard to beat. Having the 12x10 is great for fields.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said by rusted iron. If you need ground balance the outlaw is the choice. If not the Cibola will do well and is the deeper of the two.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Have not used the Cibola (had the Vaquero), had the Outlaw, I would go with the Cibola any day, though you will need a better coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions