City park

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I just started swinging in a city park, bordered with up-scale older homes.
I’m being diligent to not leave turf damage. As I was leaving, I crossed paths with a 60ish lady, walking her dog. I saw her watching me earlier. I spoke a greeting and she immediately asked “did you find anything?” I showed her my trash bag; can slaw mostly. I explained that I try to help with any trash I run across. She was immediately more open. I reached in my loot bag an pulled out a Matchbox car. That got a smile. The next thing I knew she was telling me about other area parks that allow MDing. Older ones. I didn’t feel she was trying to get me to change parks; it was like she was cool with it. I’ll take all the park neighbor friends I can get. Saturday I plan to visit the parks she mentioned.👍🏼

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I was approached by a guy that had thrown his wedding band in a park after catching his wife cheating on him. He told me which park and where he was and where she was sitting on a bench and which way he threw the ring.
I went out early to put in a good amount of time to see if I could locate the glittery band of goodness. Once there I determined that, really, he could have thrown it a few different places based on all that I remembered from the conversation.
I never did find his ring, but while looking, I found a very small 18k gold child ring or toe ring hitting like a deeper nickel.
I went back a few more times to try and find the wedding band but no luck.

I'm sure you will find something worthwhile and then you'll want to show her.
If you run into her again and are able to show the finds, see if she will let you do her yard.
HH ALL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread