Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A warning for others. In June I bought a 2023 Chevy Colorado Trail Boss, paid for it outright. 4 times since then an alarm would go off, and it gave me the message 'Brake system failure!' Max speed 62mph' Sometimes 43mph, sometimes 255mph. This didn't happen when you started it up, but while you were driving, which could be pretty exciting in mountain resort tourist traffic. Just enough brake to stop, eventually. 4 times I sent it back to the dealership, and even GM techs down from Michigan could not figure it out. GM said they would repurchase it and get it off the highway since it was too dangerous (yeah tell me about it hoss) The dealership came up with a used 2020 Silverado 1500 with 22,000 miles that would be the same price as I paid for the Colorado. I figured if there was anything wrong with it that would be figured out by now, so I got it. Still waiting on GM to pay me. Probably not their fault, but right now I don't have a lot of sympathy for striking GM workers, sorry.
6-13aaaa.jpg
10-5jj.jpg

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah relevantchair I had a Colorado before with no problems. Service Dept. at the dealership told me this model was so new they had no logistics on it. My insurance told me it had no safety rating, which I found out why. I've done a lot of research and it's not a problem for all this type of truck, just the one I bought.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lord that sound like a very aggravating situation. Sure hope it gets ironed out. It's so true with new vehicles and equipment. A few times when I worked at a company that build heavy mining equipment in Finland, we'd get a brand new unit that would developed a problem and I'd send a fax to the engineers in Finland and they'd reply with saying the problem was most unusual and if it was determined they might want to replace something that could possibly fix the situation it would then be a component that was unavailable, due to the fact it had no history of failure or usage. I got a new engine replaced by Ford on a new 1987 Taurus wagon. At first I got the run around, so I brought in the ball buster to have a word with them. I've been married to her for 34 years and she has a way of getting some matters worked out with those who appear uncooperative.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A warning for others. In June I bought a 2023 Chevy Colorado Trail Boss, paid for it outright. 4 times since then an alarm would go off, and it gave me the message 'Brake system failure!' Max speed 62mph' Sometimes 43mph, sometimes 255mph. This didn't happen when you started it up, but while you were driving, which could be pretty exciting in mountain resort tourist traffic. Just enough brake to stop, eventually. 4 times I sent it back to the dealership, and even GM techs down from Michigan could not figure it out. GM said they would repurchase it and get it off the highway since it was too dangerous (yeah tell me about it hoss) The dealership came up with a used 2020 Silverado 1500 with 22,000 miles that would be the same price as I paid for the Colorado. I figured if there was anything wrong with it that would be figured out by now, so I got it. Still waiting on GM to pay me. Probably not their fault, but right now I don't have a lot of sympathy for striking GM workers, sorry.
View attachment 2108322
Good to hear that the company is going to pay you out for the truck.
I had to sue FORD once, I won, but the legal battle ate up the return.
But I can wear it like a 🎖 🤣

My father was a true "GM" guy.
Then he read a book:
See GM on a clear day
He went FORD.
I've bought many new FORDS, A Dodge, then a Toyota 14 yrs ago.
It's had a few glitches but it's been a strong runner.
If I had known that it would have been so good I might have taken better care of it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1977 Bought a GMC Diesel Less then 2 YEARS and 23 thousand miles DEFECTIVE BLOCK . Not covered by WARRANTY !!! Cost me almost $2,000 to get it fixed !! That is the LAST GM product i have EVER OWNED or WILL OWN !!!

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never owned a new anything vehicle. My wife buys one about every 8 years and her last is a 2021 Mazda 3 and when it had just over 1400 miles it received over $8000. in damages from a hail stom. As for me deep inside, I despise the whole creation of these no good contraptions we've become so dedicated to.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have every right to be pissed about your 23 Colorado lot of hard work when in to that purchase from your side of it. In 2016 I decided against better judgement to buy a brand new 2016 Dodge ram 3500 Cummins.Well I had it 6 months and in that 6 months the computer had to be flashed 3 times. The third time my ball buster wanted to take it in to the dealership she came back the truck didn't. Then the money came back 4 days later.I ended up getting an 06 chevy Dmax no problems with it at all other than normal maintenance and I do that myself.I still have that truck.

Last edited:

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2108322 View attachment 2108323
I will never buy a new truck again. Way to much cheapasschinashit parts, and they are made to be tracked by the government, and they are way overpriced.. I have a 2008 F 250 with almost 400k miles 5.4 engine that is running great still. I have another engine that will be rebuilt with the best parts available that I can install when this one dies. I am also looking for a 1970s Ford 150 short bed 302 engine no lift or giant tires I can restore, EMTs don't affect older vehicles. I sold a 1996 4 runner and I should have kept it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The price on trucks now is ridiculous.
What ever happened to those little "pup" trucks... remember those ?... seems like everyone had one.

Now its huge trucks that people jack up and waste gas.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever happened to those little "pup" trucks... remember those ?... seems like everyone had one.

Now its huge trucks that people jack up and waste gas.

I heard it said that the pickup is the modern codpiece.

(That said, I have three of them. But they’re all old and “tame”. One is 1995, one is 1997, and one is 1946. Yes, really.)

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the end of the story. I finally got a check from GM yesterday, after 5 months of back and forth. Financially I'm back where I was after I bought the Colorado in June; maybe a little ahead. I have heard of a few problems with 2023 Colorado Trail Boss trucks, mostly all electronic related, but nothin like my problem. I got a good truck now, maybe a little bigger than I wanted. (Yeah that's my truck and no I won't help you move.) Somedays I think I should have just kept my old Chevy S-10, two wheel drive that I had when I first came up here in 2004, haha!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well robertk, I drove that in ice storms in Oklahoma, so snow wasn't no big deal. Little weight in the bed did help.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 2WD S-10, in Colorado, in the winter? Yikes!
My first car in Leadville Colorado was a 1973 Pontiac LaMans in 1977 which I drove straight through from Iowa in mid February. I couldn't believe all snow I was seeing the first time I went through the Eisenhower tunnel which was two way traffic in those days, because the east bound Johnson side was still being excavated. Studded snow tires and sandbags in the trunk got me all over that 10'000+ft in elevation County. Back in those days they'd seed the clouds to generate more snow for the ski slopes which really made a difference in inches. The cloud seeding ended, because farmers on the eastern plains were saying that effected their rainfall. I had a canyon as deep as I was tall dug from front door to my car at the Mountain View mobile home park. Looking back I still wonder how in the heck we all did get around seemly just fine back then in all that snow. I do remember we drove a lot slower then all us Coloradans do today.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember we drove a lot slower then all us Coloradans do today.
I think that’s key. I am constantly amazed at how fast people drive on ice and snow these days. Especially guys in 4WD pickups. Yes they may have good grip, but if they slide, they’re heavy with a lot of momentum.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that’s key. I am constantly amazed at how fast people drive on ice and snow these days. Especially guys in 4WD pickups. Yes they may have good grip, but if they slide, they’re heavy with a lot of momentum.
The new wave of truck drivers are not like the old schoolers... i think they buy a big truck and they now think that they own the road.
Most drive em like complete crap.
Most of them dont even need a truck... other than for looks... or to occasionally tow something silly which is retarded... but that sheeple mentality obviously is a hard thing for those minded like that to break free of.
Something about a large truck with lots of crap attached makes them think they are now a bad ass. heh
And since they paid an over inflated price for it... they fail to see the dumb part of that ass.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the many miles of driving I've done in the last 30 + years from Montana to Texas and Colorado to the California Nevada border I can't even guess to count all the winter mishaps on the roads I've seen. All to often drivers see the dangerous road conditions as more of an aggravation then something to be cautious about. For decades now some auto makers focus on the type of consumers who see the aggravating circumstances of bad weather driving and offer their solution to these foolish typs.To me these auto makers promote bad ideas, because their new and improved vehicles that will allow you to go fast in bad conditions fail to mention these supper dupper vehicles still encounter all the other vehicles that can't preform as these speed bombs do and then crash into all the other slower driving vehicles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread