Civil War Battle Ring

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will soon be posting pics of a gold ring that a relative of mine owns. It is a gold ring with 16 battle names etched in it. The ring was featured in the North South Trader Civil War magazine in the mid 80's and then was voted Find of the Century by the subscribers around the year 2000. It has only been displayed at 2 or 3 relic shows. The last one was the Northern Virginia Relics Hunters show in Chantilly, VA in 2002. There were some great reactions by the public.

Anyway, I was excited for the chance to have photos taken of this and I will share them as soon as possible.

Upvote 3

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The question of who the ring belonged to was brought up early in this Thread and I believe that one can possibly find that answer with what I believe. The ring more than likely belonged to a Union Officer and most likely a high ranking one that was at each and every one of the battles on the ring. It is much more likely that a high ranking officer was at and survived these battles versus a lowly soldier. Heck, it might have even belonged to Sheridan himself if he was actually at/in each of the battles on the ring. It may take many, many long hours of research of Civil War Records but I believe that one can find the answer and get as close as one could get to the answer after 152+ years.

Frank

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MUSEUM PIECE OF A BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS SOUL WHO DIED FOR THE CAUSE....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread